(Closed) 10/9/10 Ladies?

posted 10 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

First let me say, I can’t believe that it’s a <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>year until we get married!! So far, I’ve got the following done…photographer booked, venue booked, church booked, florist booked, wedding colors picked out (plum, green, and brown), I’ve already got my dress, invitations bought (but thinking about taking those back to get others I’ve seen), DJ booked, DOC picked out but we still need to meet with her.

I’m waaayyy ahead, lol! Hopefully I will be able to post pics soon. 🙂

Post # 4
646 posts
Busy bee

I’m a 10/9/10 bride!  I have the church, reception venue, photographer, videographer, florist, DJ, and DOC all booked.  I’ve been engaged since last december though, so we’ve had a ton of time to plan and book stuff.

Post # 5
443 posts
Helper bee

I’m a 10/09/10 bride too! yay! You ladies are far ahead. I thought I was doing well in the beginning – we got engaged in March ’08 and by January ’09 had a reception venue, photographer and my dress. Then it seemed like I had forever to plan, got swept up in all kinds of career junk…..aaaaand now it’s a year away. Yikes! This month we settled on a ceremony venue, secured the officiant, blocked hotel rooms (overeager grandma was calling me once a week about this), and found a videographer. I also want to formally ask my bridesmaids so we can start shopping for navy dresses….and start my list of DIY projects. Yikes, I’m totally rambling. Anyways, it’s great to find some date twins!

Post # 6
6 posts
Newbee

Hmm so far we’ve booked the venue, photographer, hair, hotel block and guest shuttle, DJ, and I have the dress! Family members are doing videography and cake so that’s taken care of too. I’m doing navy, ivory, and blush pink for my colors. Also buying a Gocco soon to begin my diy paper projects, so excited!

Have you ladies started looking at bridesmaid dresses? I’m leaning towards long since it’s already cold, but not sure!

Post # 7
443 posts
Helper bee

I wanted to go with short but it’s freezing this morning in Boston, so now I’m wondering if long might be better! Are you getting married in CT? Wondering b/c I am from Mass and my fiance is from NYC so we tried to pick a spot between the two and are getting married in Middletown CT!

Post # 8
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m 10/9/10, too!  So far we have the venue (both ceremony and reception), caterer (it’s the venue) and photographer.  Up next, DJ and officiant!

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee

Yay! 10/9 bride here!! You ladies are far ahead of me. All I’ve gotten is the ceremony and reception venue booked, dress and colors. Working on trying to book the photographer right now.

Post # 10
6 posts
Newbee

Allison- We’re getting married at Tunxis in Farmington, where are you getting married in Middletown?

Post # 11
443 posts
Helper bee

Just googled Tunxis – looks gorgeous! I bet the foliage will be fantastic. We’re getting married at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. I’ll turn to the northwest and wave at you on 10/09/10 lol 🙂

Post # 12
107 posts
Blushing bee

Hi 10/9/10 ladies!  So happy October finally has a board, haha.  🙂  We’re pretty far ahead too…we have church, venue, caterer, DJ, and photographer all booked.  Next up, dress shopping–so excited! 

Post # 13
116 posts
Blushing bee

Hey ladies!  Just an update that we’ve booked the officiant.  I am dress shopping now.  When do you think we need to decide on and order dresses?  I am thinking that I would like to be decided and ordered by April.

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee

New 10-9-10 lady here!! I have ceremony, reception, and photographer booked. I’m on the computer hours a day trying to find a florist and dj. What should I be paying for these things???

Post # 15
443 posts
Helper bee

@FutureMrsHall: I am having the same problem – I have NO idea what is reasonable, specifically for DJs and Florists, the two “big vendors” we’re missing…this is mostly because the weddings my fiance and I have been to have been on one end of the budget spectrum or the other, ie completely extravagant-sounding (you know, like $3,000 for the flowers or something crazy) OR they have friends do flowers/dj-ing for free. I am lost toooooo – not that this is a helpful answer, but at least you know you’re not alone, LOL.

Post # 16
6 posts
Newbee

@allisonnc- My DJ is $800 and is awesome. I work PT for a wedding planner so I’ve seen him DJ weddings and he’s a great value. PM me and I can give you his email address. I might be able to give you some ideas on florists too!

The topic ‘10/9/10 Ladies?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors