(Closed) 10/9/2010 brides out there? What are you doing right now?

posted 10 years ago in October 2010
Post # 17
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@LadySunshine: We’re 10/9/10, too– and we started out planning for 9/18! Must be some good dates ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 18
14 posts
Newbee

I am a 10/9/10 bride as well.  My invitations are out, and the reply’s are pouring in.  Right now I am just finishing things up…favors, programs, etc.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 19
3226 posts
Sugar bee

UGH..can’t believe it’s so close.

I still have no FLOWERS! And I need to put together the readings and programs.

We haven’t figured out timeline, and transportation, and need to put together the music for the ipod..and everything else is just smaller detials.

HALP! Does this seem doable in a month!!!!????lol

So glad it’s a long weekend..I need it!

Post # 20
77 posts
Worker bee

I am a 10/9 bride and was also toying with 9/18, but October won out!  36 days and counting.

RSVP’s are flying in and the only thing left to do is negotiate with my tent people exactly where it’s going so I can figure out where my ceremony will be!  Not such a big deal right????  The wedding is on the Cape at my friend’s house (Earl, stay away please!) so weather is crucial….anyone have any concrete forecasts to share or is that just a pipe dream for me that we can lock in a sunny, dry fall day???

Post # 21
95 posts
Worker bee

We are getting our RSVPs back, doing some last minute preparations for our DIY centerpieces, making last payments to some vendors and working on the detailed timeline for the week of!

Whew I’m tired just thinking of it!

Post # 22
59 posts
Worker bee

I’m just working on some DIY projects and some IPOD  playlists to have if/when our band breaks.

I also started shopping for the Honeymoon! I can’t believe it!

Post # 24
77 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@LadySunshine:Hi!

We receieved all of our RSVP’s back which is incredible with only 2 that cannot attend making it a guestlist of 61!  Nice and small!  I think people wait until the last minute to send these things back or keep them in their pocketbooks and just forget!  It’s frustrating but I am learning that the day of the wedding will be just spectacular for all of us!

30 days to go, can you believe it?

Post # 26
841 posts
Busy bee

I’m trying not to freak out, that’s what I’m doing, lol. But in all seriousness? I’m just uber excited. For myself-and the rest of you gals >.<

Post # 27
1701 posts
Bumble bee

I cannot wait until tomorrow to start stalking the 14 day forecast.  Which is actually kinda stupid since my wedding is in Cleveland.  The day could start out at 80 degrees and end up snowing….

Post # 28
443 posts
Helper bee

ha ha ha me too @Georgia Bee- I keep thinking “need more time” then I think “NO! Time must pass so I can stalk to forecast in Connecticut and Jamaica!” 

Post # 29
77 posts
Worker bee

I just checked accuweather for the Cape….10/9 56 and sunny, 0% chance of rain!!!!  I can totally live with that!  Hopefully it won’t change a lot in the next 12 days, but if it does, may it be warmer!!!!

I can’t believe it’s so close!!!!

Post # 30
279 posts
Helper bee

How can it possibly be 12 (11 now, really since it’s night) days until our big day? Oh my gosh. Sometimes it seems like it is all happening way too fast, but mostly now I’m like “Why can’t it just happen already??? I want to be married! We’ve planned so much, and I just want it to happen. How are you gals dealing with the anxiety of wanting for it to happen?

Things to do: 1) Groom needs to buy his male attendants gifts. I’ve got the girls done, and we both have to figure out what to get the parents. 2) Print programs, or at least one, then bring it to the copy center. Need new cartridge to do this. 3) Final wedding dress fitting (tomorrow!) 4) Pick up tuxes. 5) Pick up yellow ribbon and flag (Veteran honor). 6) Make tea sandwiches with the girls for reception. 7) Create “to decorate” list for day of decorating. 8) Pack for honeymoon. 8) Finish table number frames. 9) Pick up easil and table for wedding use. 10) Pay final party supply balance. 11) Make sure to have a day of emergency pack-vendor numbers, sewing kit, chocolate…12) Organize everything into well labeled boxes for transport day of. 13. Rehearsal! 14. Birthday gift for Mother-In-Law. 15. Bathroom basket!

But the great news is….our weather is sunny, too! LaughingLaughingLaughing

Post # 31
56 posts
Worker bee

I’m currently making my programs…thank goodness for wine!!!!

My fiance still has to get his groomsman gifts and we have to get gifts for our readers and for our parents.

Still need to do Out of Town bags

I have my hair and make-up trial this Friday

That’s about it!  CRAZY!

I hope it is a gloriously sunny day around the country for all the 10/09/10 girls.

The topic ‘10/9/2010 brides out there? What are you doing right now?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors