• photographer confirmed
  • picked hair/make-up
  • bought shoes
  • bridesmaid dresses ordered

Post # 19
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

So I have appointments with a potential videographer and DJ. I am meeting with the florist, so she can do a mock-up. I also am doing a cake tasting with one cake baker. I have a second one next month. And I am meeting with our photographers to develop a schedule and go over shots for the wedding day. I am having a destination wedding in Vegas, so alot of vendor communication has been via e-mail and phone. I am exctied to meet my photographer and florist in person. So far I have booked our ceremony package throught the hotel chapel (this includes the officiant, pianist, and coordinator), I have ordered my bouquet from etsy, I have bought an invitaiton kit, I have my dress and most of my accessories, the bridesmaid have picked out their dresses, I have booked a hari and makeup artist, I have booked the restaurant for our reception, the photographer, all the transportation including a double decker bus for our meet and greet, we have the rings, and the save the dates are complete. My mom is in the admist of adressing all the envelopes, as I type this. She has goregous handwriting and graciously volunteered to do so. I can’t believe we have hit the eight month mark. I am starting to feel overwhelmed.

Post # 20
54 posts
Worker bee

Hello my fellow date twins!  I’m starting to hit the spot where I need to be doing more doing and less thinking!  I have most of the big vendors book – all I need is the flowers & cake.  I don’t really like cake so I am thinking of doing a dessert bar instead.  I might have a small 2-tiered cake just to cut for pictures and then I want cookies, brownies, etc. for all the guests.  Any ideas you have are appreciated!

Post # 21
54 posts
Worker bee
Post # 22
179 posts
Blushing bee

Hey date twins!! I’ve been engaged for 14 months, so I have everything booked already but a hairstylist, lol. I’m getting antsy. AHH!

Post # 23
682 posts
Busy bee

got some DIY done this weekend!

• pearl bouquet
  • seating chart display
  • cootie catchers designed

Post # 24
54 posts
Worker bee

@shedayz –  What is a cootie catcher?  I’ve never heard of that before.  Also – if you have pics of your pearl bouquet I would love to see!! I’m sure it’s fabulous.

Post # 26
2194 posts
Buzzing bee

uh oh…We just got engaged a week and a half ago and so far I have a venue…you girls are so much more ahead of us!!! Luckily my mom is really good at this and I’m really good and picking from a field of 2. I mostly just sit around and look at my diamond and make choices once my mom has narrowed it down. Bridezilla, much?

Post # 27
149 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@pinkandsparkly: a fantastic wedding can be thrown together in a month.  you have PLENTY of time 🙂

Post # 28
149 posts
Blushing bee

So the save the dates are complete, but the envelopes are still being addressed. We have a videographer, but still no DJ. I am really struggling with this one. I don’t want to spend more than $500 dollars because all I really want is a DJ, no lighting and no extras. Everyone just wants to give me all these extras and I don’t want them. Oh, I also booked a photobooth. This was totally not in the budget, but fiance’s aunt and uncle are paying for this. I am so excited.

Post # 29
22 posts
Newbee

Hi ladies!  I’m getting married 11/12/11 too 🙂  I just purchased my dress on Saturday (supposed to be ready for first alterations appt by Sept), we have the save the dates done just need to be mailed, wedding bands purchased, photographer booked, reception booked and meal planned, church reserved and both pastors have us in their book as well, hair appts made, and we have an appt with the baker tomorrow night.  I have a lot of ideas for favors, ribbon wands, etc, but I still feel overwhelmed.  It’s nice to know that there are others out there that I can ask questions to other than my fiance and my parents.  Happy Wedding Planning!!!

Post # 30
22 posts
Newbee

pinkandsparkly…we have only been engaged since 3/15 so I’m right there with ya…I’d rather sit and look at my ring than make any decisions!!!!  Congrats!

Post # 31
54 posts
Worker bee

I’m starting to feel stressed as we approach the 7-month mark.  I am second-guessing my dress and may purchase a new one.  I have the bridesmaid dress style picked out but can’t commit to the color.  I know I want a navy blue, but I don’t want a navy blue that is so dark it looks black.  Is anyone getting their dresses from Morilee?  If so, have you seen the navy or marine colors?  I can’t decide between the two.  I like the navy color better online but in the small swatch book, it looks almost black.  I just don’t know what to do.  I’m calling around to different bridal shops that carry this designer to see if they have any sample dresses in either of the colors….no luck yet.  Other than that, I have a cake & flower appt later this month and I still need to choose a photobooth vendor.  Sounds like a lot, so I better get going!

The topic ‘11-12-11’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors