(Closed) 11 days and unsure of jewelry lol. Suggestions?

posted 5 years ago in Accessories
  • poll: Should I add something?
    You look great as is. Dont add anything. : (2 votes)
    9 %
    Add bracelet : (1 votes)
    4 %
    Add necklace : (15 votes)
    65 %
    I'll give you a suggestion because you have no clue what you are doing. : (0 votes)
    Go eat a brownie and have some wine. :) : (5 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 3
    751 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2013 - old cheese factory

@sheepandbear:  since your dress is lace id not wear a bracelt. they always seem to get snagged. id say add a simple dainty necklace if you feel too bare. like a single stone on a thin chain.

Post # 6
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

@sheepandbear:  So I put two photos together to see how it’d look, and I don’t really care for it:

But it might not be as noticeable if you switch out the gold chain for a silver one?

Post # 7
    751 posts
    Busy bee

it depends on your taste. try them on together and see what you think. if you dont like it id say go with a bare neck. better to be under stated then too much with such a pretty and delecate looking dress. do you know waht you are doing with your hair? veil? no veil, flowers? rhinestone comb? i think if you dont have anything a little bit of baby’s breath goes a long ways in hair. very dainty and delicate just like your dress. 🙂

Post # 8
    748 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I like the idea of a simple drop necklace, or a simple strand of pearls that hits about an inch above your bustline here. I think that might add to it.

BTW- your dress is super romantic. I love it!

Post # 9
    184 posts
    Blushing bee

Your dress is very antique/vintage looking – very romantic but I think your earrings look very modern. Honestly, I think a string of simple pearls would look lovely — sometimes dresses look nice without necklaces but I agree that yours needs a little something extra. But with the detail on your dress and your sash, I would not make things too complicated. You look beautiful though! I bet you can’t wait until the big day!! 

Post # 11
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

@sheepandbear:  I actually prefer a bare clavicle/neck with a strapless gown. So I definitely don’t think something will look “missing” without one.

Post # 13
    751 posts
    Busy bee

@sheepandbear:  that hair and hair piece is so pretty. but again it is gold and your earrings are silver. are you attatched to your earrings? i think with your dark hair the gold would look great! maybe like others suggested the pearls you can usually find that cream colored pearls at most department stores.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/sterling-silver-necklace-and-earrings-set-cultured-freshwater-pearl?ID=324947

http://www.sears.com/search=10kt+gold+genuine+cultured+freshwater+pearl+necklace+bracelet+earring+set?vName=Jewelry&autoRedirect=true&viewItems=50&redirectType=CAT_REC_PRED

Post # 15
    751 posts
    Busy bee

@sheepandbear:  if FH doesnt like them then totally nitch that idea. they are very classy but they arent everyones favorite. ive been looking online at hair pieces and holy cow! i didnt know how spendy they are!! everything ive found that seems even remotely close are 100+.

The topic ‘11 days and unsure of jewelry lol. Suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors