(Closed) 11 days before the wedding – coordinator no longer at venue!

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
7311 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Dude, that sucks a$$. I am so sorry for all of the stress you must be feeling. Definitely do a walk-thru with the new person and print out all of the correspondence you had with the old coordinator where he/she agreed to do things. And if the new coordinator hasn;t really done weddings before, maybe you could go hire an independent coordinator with experience who works for you, not the venue?

Post # 5
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

That sucks but breathe!!! Okay, yes do a walk through with that person for sure. Talk to them about everything you and the other coordinator talked about. Bring a list of questions and concerns. It sounds like the previous person was very organized leaving detailed notes about everything, so that will be a great guid for the other person. Dont babysit its your wedding day. Talk everything out and if you are still not fully comfortable as a good friend or family member to keep an eye on things as well. You dont need to be worrying about what is going that day (at least not the stressful parts) Everything will work out. I know this isnt the ideal situation, but just think what a new person and new perspectives could bring to the table 🙂

Post # 6
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

It happened to me too.  I called the new person immediately and asked them every question I had.  I also had a “ryder” from the meetings with my other coordinator.  I scheduled a meeting with the new person and we went over everything piece by piece.  It all turned out fine.  Don’t stress–I’m guessing your venue wouldn’t assign you a completely new person this late in the game.  It’s probably a veteran.  You’ll get through it–at least it’s not the DAY before!

The topic ‘11 days before the wedding – coordinator no longer at venue!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors