(Closed) 11 days!! So much to do!

posted 10 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
1061 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

It’s totally personal preference about matching your flowers to the BMs’ flowers. Some people will think they have to match, others will think they don’t — the only opinion that matters is yours and whether you like the combination together!

Parents’ gifts don’t have to be wedding oriented. We’re probably getting my parents a weekend getaway and his parents a movies gift basket (gift certs to the movie theater and concession stand, dvds, microwave popcorn and candy, that kind of thing), though we’ll also make a blurb book for both of them of wedding pictures.

Congrats!

Post # 4
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

looking at this wedding really eases my whole fear of matching/not matching – http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=hawaiibride2be

if you pay attention their attire didn’t match their reception colors or the ceremony decor…it was as if she changed her mind a few times and was totally OK with it…i think not matching is seriously find…plus it may make things a tad quirkier 🙂 and it seriously sounds like your flowers are within the same color family as the bmaids dresses so you should be TOTALLY fine!

for the parent’s gifts, i think people tend to do wedding albums but you know your family best and if you get them something useful, meaningful and unwedding related i’m sure they’d love it! i keep thinking everyone is gonna get burned out on wedding stuff so that may be a nice change of pace…

hope this helps!  

Post # 5
378 posts
Helper bee

Our gifts are totally not wedding-related. We’ll probably end up doing an album for each of them for Christmas but right now we’re not doing anything really related to the wedding.

And my flowers aren’t really the same either, just kind of in the same color family. 

The topic ‘11 days!! So much to do!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors