(Closed) 11 DPO, heightened sense of smell…BFN.

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
1050 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
unfettering :  I would test again tomorrow, but I wouldn’t assume you’re pregnant just on heightened sense of smell.

Post # 3
4497 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

It’s possible…11 DPO you should get a positive, but you didn’t confirm ovulation through temping, so you might have o’ed several days later (your body could have geared up and not o’ed, and even with a positive it’s within 36 hours), so you might only be 9dpo, which is early for a BFP.

Post # 5
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Agree with all points above- only temping can confirm ovulation. If you are pregnant enough to have symptoms then your hormones will show up on a test. For me, I got my bfirst squinter at 9dpo, did not get my first symptoms (slight nausea, weird smelling armpits, not kidding!) until several days later.

Hopefully you O’d late and are pregnant it’s just too early to tell 😀 

Post # 6
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Swaneset Bay Resort & Country Club

I got the squintiest of squinters at 12dpo and a very obviously BFP 13dpo. I’ll be 13 weeks tomorrow and didn’t have any pregnancy symptoms until about 6.5-7 weeks pregnant. 

It can can go either way for you still though since it’s still early! You wouldn’t be the first to have symptoms super early! FX for your BFP! 

Post # 7
2094 posts
Buzzing bee

You can also get a bionic sniffer with shifting hormones. It’s not uncommon for me to be more sensitive to smells during my TWW. I have PCOS so my hormones are always going nuts. Wait a couple of days and test again. Good luck!!

Post # 8
508 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
unfettering :  Going to be totally honest. I have been pregnant twice and each time, at that early…I had almost no symptoms.

In contrast, the other 5 months I was TTC…I had every symtpom in the book leading up to AF. Heightened sense of smell, sore boobs, raised heart rate, etc. 

So, you can continue to test until AF is due….but symptoms are not necessarily an indicator of pregnancy.

Post # 9
508 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
saratiara2 :  Not necessarily true you would turn a positive at 11DPO. With my first pregnancy (TW ended in CP TW), I got a negative with a FRER on 11DPO, 12DPO and tested again on 14DPO–positive. I knew exact date of ovulation because I temped. So it’s possible that someone’s start HCG level is low and that even a FRER cannot pick it up until later.

Post # 10
6369 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
unfettering :  I’d say for me I felt off very early on.  It’s why I tested so early for this pregnancy.  I did end up being pregnant and I got a positive test on what I think was 9DPO or 10DPO but I know I’m in the unusual category.

Post # 11
1540 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I got a negative 10 dpo and a very faint pos 11 dpo. So things can change quickly! 

Post # 14
2094 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
unfettering :  I’d say you have the patience of a saint, but I’d probalby do the same thing. Maybe we both have patience? Either way, FX and GL!

The topic ‘11 DPO, heightened sense of smell…BFN.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors