(Closed) 9 months and the Paloma Blanca dress still has not arrived :(

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
7960 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@chx_101:  good luck.  i hope it all works out for you.  please keep us updated.

Post # 18
167 posts
Blushing bee

@chx_101:  how are the reviews from the place?  if they have good reviews, chill.  my sister got her dress a month before her wedding.  i thought it was standard practice because they didn’t want her messing up her dress, lol.

Post # 20
691 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@chx_101:  So sorry to hear this has happened to you. I really hope they are being honest with you. They have been nothing but nice to me, and have acted professionally, but it’s not a bad idea to have you Fiance go in and ask for proof. If you’re a fan of “I Found the Gown” I think a trip to Action might be really fun. If you find a dress you love, you can put $100 down on it to hold it for a week. If you don’t choose to get it, they will give you $100 store credit. They have other things there like hair pins, veils, ring pillows, mens wear, etc.

Post # 21
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I think I would call and ‘check in’ on your dress every day or every couple days.  Be nice about it, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease!  The manager should be able to put a little pressure on the designer to fill their orders and get your dress in.

Post # 24
7960 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@chx_101:  thanks for the update.  the designer’s email doesn’t sound very professional.   i think since the store told you july 3 for sure, if you do not get the dress by then you should cancel and get all of your money back.  i hope your new dress fits you ok.

Post # 25
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I am in a similar situation,except mine was custom made. My wedding Is July 13, I just received my dress last week, when I orderedit in November and was told it would take 10 – 12 months. My dress is horrible, my wedding dress is now my “something borrowed” as I found someone nice enough to let me wear theirs. I paid $700 for my custom dress to not be able to wear it. I hope everything works out for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 26
1650 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@nikkip84:  that is awful! ๐Ÿ™ so sorry!

View original reply
@chx_101:  When i bought my dress they gave me a lead time, but not a specific date of arrival. i am curious what your options are. I would think that as long as they deliver the dress before your wedding they wouldn’t be at fault? Idk though.

Post # 27
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I hope it all works out for you! I ordred my Paloma Blanca at the very end of December 2012 and I talked to the shop last week and they said it would be here for begining of July. 

Post # 28
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@chx_101:  I would talk to some seamstresses and find out if your original dress can be altered within a tight timeline. Explain your situation and ask for their advice.
I have a similar situation, where my dress is only going to arrive in Ontario July 7, and I’m getting married (and live) in Newfoundland on July 27. I have been told it will likely be early, but it doesn’t leave me much time, either way. Thankfully my dress is corset back so it won’t need many alterations, and I’m pretty tall so with my shoes I should be okay with the length. The seamstress knows my story and has allotted the time to work on my dress, even if it’s last minute she’s confident she can get it done. I am still stressed, though. ๐Ÿ™‚ I think I will be until I get my dress in my possession and know it’s all going to be okay. Otherwise my back up plan is to borrow someone’s dress or find an off-the-rack sample… but there aren’t a lot of bridal stores in my area so my options are limited.  

The topic ‘9 months and the Paloma Blanca dress still has not arrived :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors