(Closed) 11 months from today 9/10/11

posted 8 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am currently trying to find my dress.. I know what I want, I just need to find it somewhere close in my size to try it on first..  So far though, we have:

Ceremony site, reception site, photographer, Cake baker, Transportation, and DJ. I’m also working on our STD’s but I know I have at least until Christmas/New Years to have those completed..

I’m trying to stay ahead and organized!  πŸ™‚

Post # 4
485 posts
Helper bee

Im a week before you I havent dont HALF of those things… congrats on being all over it….

Post # 6
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

Things I’ve accomplished so far…

Vendors:

• Photographer
  • Caterer (who also does the cake)
  • Officiant
  • Venue

DIY:

• monogram
  • Designed STD, now just need to get them printed
  • Started making ribbon flowers for pomanders for ceremony decor

Other:

• Bought my dress
  • Decided on flowers (I’m DIYing all florals) and where to purchase them
  • Made a complete timeline of when I should be completing each DIY project (I only have about a million of them)
  • Honeymoon booked (it was a gift from FH’s uncle)
  • Guestlist is like 99% complete

Up next:

• Should be signing a DJ within the next week
  • Transportation search begins, though I might wait until a bridal show (in January) to book because they usually give discounts if you book at the show
  • Continue making ribbon flowers
  • Start embossing cocktail napkins
  • Bridesmaid dress shopping
  • Start digging around for addresses for everyone on the guest list

That list makes me feel quite accomplished!

Post # 7
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@MandaMack: you are quite accomplished! i’m a week after you and have a fraction of those things done. we’ve booked the venue, the caterer (comes with the venue), and the band. i’m skipping a lot of things though so sometimes when i look at wedding to do lists i’ll cross off the stuff i’m not having to make me feel better – so it looks like i’ve done more.

is anyone else dreading gathering all the addresses? i should really start on that soon, because it will probably drag on forever.

Post # 8
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

@pb and j: Thanks! My mom calls me “turbo bride” because I’m like borderline OCD about planning/preparing. hahaha

Post # 10
65 posts
Worker bee

WOW, I feel REALLY far behind compared to you guys!!! Guess I need to jump to it! I have alot of things going on in life right now, but I’m a HUGE procrastinator, and I really don’t want to stress with my wedding. So I know, I need to get things moving!

Post # 11
279 posts
Helper bee

Ummmm…… I don’t have anything done yet! I think we have found the venue but we have not booked it or anything. I knew I was behind but now I’m starting to freak out! I’m done with school in 7 weeks so hopefully I will have more time then. EEEK!

Post # 12
100 posts
Blushing bee

I’m sort of breathing a sigh of relief because we have booked pretty much everything that we were worried about securing in time, now its time for the harder things like DIY…

We have booked:

-Venue (hotel which handles the catering, bar, tent)

-Officiant (FI’s family friend, who became a notary public, which qualifies her in Maine! yay!)

-Photographer (NYC based but willing to travel, thank heaven.)

-DJ (so excited about this one! this was the hardest thing to find…)

-Cake (when is the tasting? YUM.)

-ceremony music (well, haven’t ‘booked’ exactly, but my uncles are playing the guitar)

NEXT UP:

-STD: we got some e-pics taken this past weekend, so once we get those, I’ll do either a postcard or a magnet STD from Vistaprint and figured I’d send them around New Years. When are people sending them? Does that seem too early?

-Dress: my friend is a designer and does custom gowns, but we haven’t even talked about it yet. Have to book a meeting with her and get started. No idea what I want.

-Bridesmaids – chose them all and they agreed, going dress “looking” on November 6 with Maid/Matron of Honor

-Guestlist – this is giving me heartburn still. We hoped for a list of about 140, but its looking like itll be closer to 175 or even more. Have to nail this down by Thanksgiving.

-Honeymoon – no idea. Napa maybe? Do we go right away or wait a little while?

-after party – our venue shuts music off at 9:30 (since we’re outside in a neighborhood) so we have to find a place in the area to all head to afterward.

-shower – my Maid/Matron of Honor is asking for guidance…I like the idea of a coed shower with a fun theme…probably June or July I think? Is that when you guys are thinking, or earlier?

-invites – haven’t thought about them at all..that’s for after the holidays, or later!

-talking about the menu, which we haven’t done at all. 

-flowers – yikes. No clue.

Wow, I was thinking I had done alot, but the to do list is really long. This was a good exercise!

Post # 13
29 posts
Newbee

I think I’ve got a pretty good start, I got engaged on Sept 11th and I’ve already done alot πŸ™‚ My mom says I take the fun out of it but it was really fun while it lasted..lol

I’ve booked:

Ceremony

Reception

Cake

Photographer(not sure yet if the videographer will fit in the budget)

Took Engagement Photos

Flowers

Invitations (we’re not doing STD)

We’ve started on the guest list..we’re at 256 and I wanted to be at 200!

Found my dress

We still need:

DJ(My FH said he wanted to handle this!..oh boy)

Bridesmaid dresses–little black dresses with red pumps! πŸ™‚

Transportation..not sure what to do..the church is like 5 minutes from the reception..we really don’t need transportation but my FH kind of wants it…what do you guys think?

DIY projects πŸ™‚

Hopefully by the first of the year everything will be done!

Post # 15
230 posts
Helper bee

I was thinking of sending my Save-The-Date Cards out in Christmas cards. I know it’s a little earlier then usual, but since we are sending our Christmas cards, I figured I could save on postage by killing 2 birds with one stone..  πŸ™‚

@SoontobeMsL: Our venue/caterer told us we could come any time after March for food tasting.. So about 6 months before the date or later..

The topic ‘11 months from today 9/10/11’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors