(Closed) 11 months to go!

posted 8 years ago in June 2011
Post # 3
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I just booked my photog too! I accidentally found my wedding dress 2 weeks ago while looking for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses with my FMIL/SIL! We also have our venue and ceremony sites.

It’s exciting to only be 11 (almost 10) months out. For a while there it seemed like June 2011 was forever away,

Post # 4
29 posts
Newbee

YAY! Only 11 more months Smile

I live in Virginia but I am getting married in Ohio. I went back home a few weeks ago and bought my dress, rented a reception hall, found a church, booked a DJ and hired a photographer. My Fiance and I are going back next week for my sister’s wedding… While there, we have an apt with the caterer to test food, have a cake testing and are meeting with the pastor. This is the only time my Fiance will be in Ohio before our wedding so we have to meet with a lot of different people. My mom keeps nagging me about a guest list but I just can’t do that right now. Has anyone started their guest list yet? Does anyone else feel overwhelmed with trying to get everything planned?

Post # 6
29 posts
Newbee

Julialimei:That is so awesome! I am in the Chesapeake area… are you anywhere around there?

It is a lot of fun at times πŸ™‚ It just makes it a little more challenging being so far away. I am going to get alterations in Ohio. Being a teacher allows me to schedule my fittings on my breaks. I also wanted to get it altered back home in case I needed some last minute work and my parents are going to keep my dress. The big reason why I got my dress back home is because I did not want to travel with it. Do you already have your dress picked out?

Post # 9
190 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Bees!! We are almost to the ten month mark!!

So far, I have booked ceremony and reception site(same place), chose menu, cake tasting and design, booked photog and dj, set up hotel room blocks, starting working on diy centerpieces, ordered my dress (!!!!!), looked at bridesmaid dresses and got e-pics taken!!

Good luck to all and happy planning! πŸ™‚

Post # 10
98 posts
Worker bee

yay!! time is really flying!

Our long engagement has been a blessing because it has allowed me to do a ton of research (thank you weddingbee!) and we’ve made a lot of progress so far. We booked the Church and reception hall, we have a florist, DJ, and photographer. I justttt found my dress last week and ordered it, we took e-pics yesterday. And we have the bridesmaids dresses, centerpiecess and wedding bands! Phewww- I must say that most of these things happened by chance and we want to have as much done as possible so we can enjoy ourselves that day! There is still so much to do but we’re trying to keep a steady pace and we take lots of breaks in between! Can’t wait for June =)

Post # 11
67 posts
Worker bee

To the girls planning an out of state wedding, I live in Phoenix but am planning my wedding in my FI’s hometown in Texas. Everyone advised me to have my dress shipped directly to the store in TX. It works out for me because my FI’s grandmother will be doing the alterations and she lives there, but I also don’t have to worry about transporting it. Although I’m also worried about making in back in time for any last minute changes.

Post # 12
81 posts
Worker bee

Done:  wedding dress (yay!), photog, venue, florist

To Do:  cakes, DJ, attendant dresses, and lots of little things that can wait.

Good thing we have plenty of time left!  I think cake tasting will be my favorite part πŸ™‚

The topic ‘11 months to go!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors