(Closed) 11 people at a 60″ round table?

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I really don’t think that is a good idea. It will be way to squishy. It doesn’t matter how big or small the chairs are. It matters how big the people are. Here is a post that talks about it.

How many people REALLY fit comfortably at the tables?

Post # 5
529 posts
Busy bee

We are doing eight for 60″ rounds. 11 people sounds like way too much – can you use one eighty inch round for twelve and one sixty inch with ten?

Post # 6
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

WE did eight and it was JUST right anymore would have been to tight.

Post # 7
499 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

60″ rounds seat 8-10. 11 is too many and I don’t even know if the chairs themselves will fit. Even if they do your guests are going to be insanely uncomfortable. It would be much better just to add another table.

Post # 8
1940 posts
Buzzing bee

I found that it was easier to split people if I didn’t fill tables exactly.  We had 60″ round tables and had each table seat 6, 7 or 8.

Post # 9
1001 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Our venue had 60″ rounds, and wouldn’t LET us seat more than 8 people.  I had a weird situation where I needed 9 at a table (or else a solo friend would have to sit at the parent’s table, and that would have been bizarre), and I actually had to ask them if it was okay.  They were like “okay, but only if it’s one table”.  I don’t know why it was such a big deal.

I think 11 would be way cramped.

Post # 10
7052 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I am one of those gals who likes her space.  I say 8 or 9 most at those tables but usually think an even number is best for any table.

Gimme space!  I like to have a place to enjoy, and not feel like the person next to me will accidentally bump me all the time if I choose to cross my arms on the table when enjoying a cocktail or glass of wine before dinner.

Post # 11
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I agree with the majority. I was at a wedding recently and they had 10 of us at the 60″ round and it felt too crowded. I would say 8 or 9 at the most.

Post # 12
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - The Tribute Golf Club

I think 11 would be too crowded.

Post # 13
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

You can do 10, depending on the chairs, but 11 is definitely pushing it. I’d go with 8 or 9 if you have some tables that need to be odd.

Post # 14
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Sounds squished.

Post # 15
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

60″ is too small. You need 72″ tables for over 10. It’s not just about the chairs, there won’t be enough room for the place settings.

The topic ‘11 people at a 60″ round table?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors