(Closed) 11 weeks and 2 days away…

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 4
2216 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I would wait!  I know how exciting it can be to finally get those invites out, but if you send them out too early, people might forget about them.

Post # 5
591 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Send them!

I’m a couple weeks after you and will probably send mine out in 2 weeks, so right around the 11 week mark!  I can’t wait to start getting those responses in!

Post # 7
3265 posts
Sugar bee

It is too early.  Wait at least 3 weeks.  I know you are excited, but I think you are just causing yourself more long term grief as people will forget to respond, lose the invites etc. 

6-8 weeks before the event is the standard.

Post # 8
5075 posts
Bee Keeper

Do it!  I plan on sending mine out in a few weeks and my wedding is the week after yours.

I figure there are two RSVP camps

1. The people who get excited and send it back right away

2. The people who put it aside and wait till the last minute

and that’s not going to change if they get it “two weeks early” 

Post # 9
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’d do it in another week or so!  Good for you for having them done so early.

Post # 10
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@andielovesj:  I agree.

8 weeks is a good amount of time.  I have recieved invitations for weddings 3 months in advance, and to be honest, I don’t reply until it’s within the 4 to 6 week before the wedding window anyway.  Unless the couple is exceptionally close, I will probably take my time deciding whther or not I will be able to attend the wedding.

(Now, after watching the mail for my own replies, I’m sure this leaves the bride-to-be on pins and needles, but I reply in plenty of time for her to get her head count together.)

The early invitations just hang around my house that much longer, waiting to be misplaced, attacked by the kitten (who thinks paper is a great chew toy!) or forgotten about.  Waiting a few more weeks will probably save you a bit of energy at the end of things, when you have to chase down people who don’t send back their replies.

Post # 11
883 posts
Busy bee

Holy crap! that means mine is 11 weeks away! I’m sending mine out 8/11/12. 🙂

Post # 12
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

So do it! No harm at all.

The topic ‘11 weeks and 2 days away…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors