11 weeks pregnant.. covid-19..first responder

posted 5 days ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Hey Bee, Sorry to hear about your situation. Thank you for doing the hard job you do, the rest of us Canadians appreciate it. Do you have an understanding supervisor you could speak with? I know you havent told anyone about your pregnancy yet, but given the circumstances I think its important that you do. I know your worried about being exposed to the virus but I would also be concerned about the high stress levels that your job can entail. Hopefully you can work something out soon!

Post # 4
163 posts
Blushing bee

I’m 28 weeks and part of a rapid response team so also have to keep going into work… it’s hard and stressful and it sucks. I get ya. 

Post # 5
5398 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2017

Highly irresponsible of your coworker with the fever coming in to work. Can you speak to a supervisor about that so it doesn’t happen again?

Post # 6
5204 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
lifeisbeeutiful :  THIS is what stood out to me! WTF the supervisor should have sent them right home. 

Post # 7
25 posts
Newbee

I’m an ICU nurse and 28 weeks pregnant. I am just counting the days until my maternity leave. It is tough working long hours with limited supplies. I have friends who are pregnant working in the ER and other icus as well…
I totally understand 

Post # 8
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

I’m a dispatcher in the U.S.. I can’t even imagine being pregnant while working and during the coronavirus. That’d be so stressful! I’ve had several pregnant coworkers. My one bit of advice is make sure if you do tell a supervisor that it’s someone you can trust and that knows that even your own family doesn’t know yet. I’ve had a supervisor spill the beans before and it annoyed me (it was about someone else but still). I think something should definitely be said about the person with a fever coming in. No matter how understaffed you are if they got everyone else sick you’re all going down.. and then what? Best of luck and congratulations!

Post # 9
113 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Bee! I am also pregnant (only 8 weeks) and was still going into work as of last week. We are in Shelter in Place and I was the only person out of my friend group that was still being asked to come in. I was so stressed about someone else coming in sick or me getting sick during my commute that I finally went ahead and told my boss. He was SO supportive and told me I should absolutely be home for the sake of the baby. I know your role is an essential one, so the conversation is very different than mine, but just think about what is best for the baby. Is there anyway you could set up a desk in your home? I brought home all of my computer equipment so I am still able to do 100% of my job.   

Post # 10
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

View original reply
bawmed :  there is an option for a leave before maternity leave brings yiu have to call ei and ask I think it’s like 8 weeks or you could do a stress leave also supported by ei ( as I’ve gone on it and it’s 16 weeks I think so you could do sick leave then the prior to mat leave option then your mat leave. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors