(Closed) 1.1.11 – 1.5 months to go!

posted 7 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
5388 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Yey! We are so close! I am meeting with my cateer again during Thanksgiving. I need to work on my programs. My wedding planning is doing the seating chart. I am still debating about toasting flutes. My wedding planner has some that we can borrow, but I am in love with Swavorski’s toasting flutes. I know that I can’t afford them, but I still love them.

Post # 4
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Yay, we have the same wedding date! We techinically already got married, btu he moved to Germany (Air Force) so we didn’t get to have a wedding yet. It’s getting close πŸ™‚ So excited!!!

Post # 5
664 posts
Busy bee

I have way too much to do to even begin to name!! Lol, but I’m getting there. I can’t believe we are so close!! I have 58 days left. Good luck to all of us as we get into the home stretch πŸ™‚

Post # 6
529 posts
Busy bee

I can’t believe we are finally getting so close!!! My dress will be coming in within the next week or 2 then I will order my veil and shoes as well; invites are mailed and starting to come back; songs are all getting figured out; programs are planned just need to price out and print; marriage license; signage for candy table/memorial table/guest table/ect need to be printed; slideshow (my dad is putting together); guest book put together; “faux-to” booth things put together … plus who knows what other little things will come up, but it’s all little stuff πŸ™‚ SOO excited!

Post # 8
5388 posts
Bee Keeper

I can’t believe it! I just made the appointment to pick up my dress on Dec. 28th.

Post # 9
165 posts
Blushing bee

Yep, the countdown is really getting closer to reality for me. I’m moving out of my apartment this week, getting my car checked up to be shipped overseas and my last day of work is Dec. 17. So, it’s all happening faster and faster…. exciting!

Post # 11
5388 posts
Bee Keeper

@cj_one2000: and @aribari: FH will be moving in on Dec. 18. He has to be out of his apartment by Dec. 31 and we are leaving for Christmas and the wedding around the 22nd! I can’t wait! We will go order our bedroom furniture this week too!

The only bad thing is that we are missing about 100 RSVPs! We mailed over 260 and we only have about 100. Most people feel that we should know that they are coming. Out of all of the people that have RSVPed we have over 300 guest coming as of today and 6 not coming.

Post # 12
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

For daughter’s 1/1/11 wedding… since yesterday

Called the Pros (DJ, photographer, videographer)- sent check.

Called the hairdresser.  Every girl wants a hairdo.  6 or 7.

Dropped in on the florist.  Final paynent.

Checked on out of town friend’s needing hotel room.

Sent foyer access check to Historic wedding reception site.

Checked access time for caterer and reserved 100 silver chargers and changed a menu item to chicken piccatta.

Put more RSVPs in their little box.

Rearranged the storage room to get the Christmas boxes behind the wedding boxes.

Counted the organza overlays.

Worked out so as to fit into MOB dress.

Post # 13
93 posts
Worker bee

i wish i had all the time in the world like all of you…. πŸ™  

i just found out not too long ago that 1/1/11 would be our special day, and i’m barely getting my dress end of this week!!!  so stressful! so little time….

Post # 14
25 posts
Newbee

It will all come together…. sometimes i wish that i didn’t (or hadn’t) had all the time in the world… sometimes i find myself looking for projects or that next item on the list to tackle. Your next few weeks will be a blur, but you will get it done. Let me know if you want any suggestions or ideas that you can steal.

were you able to get a dress off the rack?

Post # 15
93 posts
Worker bee

@doingitright: yes, i am getting my dress off the rack.  i tried on THE ONE here in Anaheim, and they were going to sell me their broken sample for $1400+.  i actually found a salon in northern cali that was selling the same dress, new with tags, for half the amount!  waiting for it in the mail πŸ™‚

we are eloping, no guests.  i just have to put down the deposit with the coordinator and we are set for our location, photos, and minister.  and then, i have to schedule appointments for hair and makeup, and get the marriage license.  go buy the rings with Fiance, purchase headband, jewelry, and shoes, and oh yeah, the alterations!!!!!  not in this order, but i got three weeks to do it all! πŸ™  i’m happy, but i’m pulling my hair out and wondering if i can even budget all this right……………

The topic ‘1.1.11 – 1.5 months to go!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors