(Closed) 11/11 – So stressed, can’t sleep, Cracking :-(

posted 7 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
653 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

First things first… breath! Everything will get done I promise you! Anything that doesn’t get completed will not matter one bit. Focus on what you feel is most important then go from there. Try breaking everything down in a one word list and do what is the hardest first.

My Fiance is also one to wait for last minute. We JUST bought him new shoes, which I have been trying to get him to do for the past few months, HE was supposed to do the music but of course I am lol.

Your day is going to be BEAUTIFUL!

Post # 4
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Well I know it always helps me when I write it all down or get it all off my chest so I hope that helped a little. Just take 5 minutes and relax before you start to tackle all these things. Make a list and as you check things off you will feel lighter and lighter as the weight of the wedding lifts. 

Everything will be okay and everything will get done. Just think of the end result and how hard you’ve worked and how much fun your going to be having on YOUR big day. Since it’s your day tell your FI’s grandmother to cool it 9or have someone else tell her to cool it). lol.

Try not to stress because you want to happy and healthy and calm for your big moment!!!  I wish you the best! 

Post # 5
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I also think making a list tends to really help…seeing it all there in black and white makes it easier to tackle one thing at a time, or decide what is not important enough to focus on right now.

You’re so close! The best you can do now is to organize everything as much as you can and then to let go. My recently married friend told me this week that she had been so incredibly stressed with planning, but when the weekend of the wedding arrived she just got into a zen mode where she realized she’d done everything she could and that everything would work out. Do all that you can and work on getting to that place where you can let it go as much as possible and just enjoy the big day you’ve worked so hard on planning!

Post # 6
868 posts
Busy bee

I think the girls are right on the button with the “making a list” suggestion!  Write it down, don’t use anything electronic!  It somehow always helps if I can physically see what is left to be done!  I am pretty certain almost nothing would have been done if it weren’t for my mother and her lists!  You’ll be fine, just breathe!

Post # 7
246 posts
Helper bee

I completely know how you feel!! You’re definitely not alone.. My wedding is on Friday too and I am freaking out..

First, the best man dropped out a week ago.  He’s army, so did not have a tux rented, so we had to ask someone last minute to fill in as a groomsman and promote one of the groomsmen to the best man.. The new Groomsmen is army, but has class a’s (which are green), but JJ will be wearing dress blues (which are blue, naturally).. The new Groomsmen was going to get a tux, but then backed out of getting it today because he wants to “feel like he’s in the army” by wearing his uniform.. So now I’m going to have blue, black, AND green in the wedding party.

Then, after I spent 3 hours printing and making custom programs last night, I find out today that part of the programs are wrong because a reading was placed in the wrong place.. Neither I nor my pastor caught it, and now tomorrow I have to spend hours reprinting and remaking programs all day. Not to mention one of my readers now has laryngitis and I have to change the programs and choose a different reader as it is.

I sent my rings off to get polished and redipped two weeks ago.  They are still not back, and they are promising me Thursday night at the latest. Talk about the last minute..

JJ is supposed to be flying in on Thursday night (he’s stationed in Texas and I’m in MA and he can’t get off of work earlier because of the army), and he’s set to arrive at 1230 in the morning on the morning of our wedding.. Any delay to his plane, and he might not make it to the ceremony.

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.. That’s not including all that I still have to do and take care of.. I am right there with you; it makes me sad that I’m not feeling all giddy and excited right now, but I would really much rather it all just be completely over and done with..

But everyone is right, it will all pull together beautiful, somehow..

Post # 8
91 posts
Worker bee

Breath ladies!!!! All of our weddings will be awesome!!!! I feel stressed right now as well. But I know its just my nerves and over-active imagination. Everything will work out!!! Only a couple days left of all this planning crap to marry the men of our dreams!!!

Post # 9
28 posts
Newbee

I know everyone saying it’ll be fine isn’t going to make you feel better (or it might, who knows), but it will be FINE!

We don’t even have what the offciant is going to say or anything like that. I have all the music, but I don’t know who is going down to what song yet. My sister is being a pain in the ass. Everyone thinks I’m pregnant, too, because we got engaged and gota date to be married so quickly (I’m just not one to draw stuff out for too long, plus we’ve been dating for over six years, it’s not like we just met). My fiance hasn’t done hardly anything to help and everything I’ve given him to do he’s procrastinated so much on that I ended up doing it myself. I understand he works, but so do I! We can’t get any of the bridesmaids nails done because of shortage on time and it’s making my sister cranky because she’s too much of a diva not to get her nails done.

But you know what? I’m not stressed. In the end the most important thing will happen, and that’s marrying the man I love. Everything else is little stuff. 🙂

Only thing I’m anxious about is being around all those people. I’m usually kind of a reclusive person… more like a hermit. Being around crowds makes me uncomfortable. Other than that, I’m not worried at all. Haha!

The topic ‘11/11 – So stressed, can’t sleep, Cracking :-(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors