(Closed) 11.11.11 brides unite!

posted 7 years ago in November 2011
Post # 4
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I have the same date!! It is coming fast, but I still feel like it’s so far away!!

Post # 6
246 posts
Helper bee

We’ve been engaged since March of 2010.. It does feel like time has gone so fast.. But he’s also in Iraq right now, so that’s probably adding to the dragging feeling.. I’m just ready for it to be here!

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

ME! Im another 11/11/11 bride! I have JUST started planning in earnest, but were having a small affair in a friends backyard.. very minimalist and all DIY. So excited! 

Post # 8
11 posts
Newbee

@SweetRose2011: Im 11-11-11 also! Im surprised theres not a lot more of us!

Post # 9
14 posts
Newbee

I’m with ya! We got engaged 8/12/10 and the top 5 places we wanted were already booked! Dang those crazy 11/11/11 brides! 

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m also 11.11.11 Got engaged in April 2011…it feels like we haven’t even started planning yet though. I’m sure that will change. The venue and ceremony site were available and so were the caterers so those 3 decisions came together fast (in the same day)! Anyone getting flak for it being on a Friday? Here in MO it’s the day before deer season begins, a fact my bf and i didn’t know, so we’re also getting flak for that too.

Post # 11
55 posts
Worker bee

I’m on that date…for now. I’m concerned about the venue though, they’re not very responsive.. Engaged late March 2011. 

Pondering elopement.

I heard some @#$ about the date before the venue was booked, but nothing since.  It is a government holiday so since it’s a Friday and I’m in the DC area, it might be more acceptable. (Traffic should be light, people might already have the day off etc) 

I just lost the photographer I wanted really badly…is anyone else having problems? 

Post # 12
1686 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Mr. Elvis is trying to convince me that we have plenty of time to get ready between now and then and we should do it on 11/11/11. He said, “But it’s binary!”

I am not 100% convinced that this is a good justification.

Post # 13
678 posts
Busy bee

Hey ladies:

I understand the frustration.  We knew the date was going ot be a huge hassel for venues, so we booked in June of 2010 though he didn’t propose on 11.10.10.

Rightnow I’m feeling so crunched because work (we are both attorneys) is getting super stressful and my wedding is in Charlotte.  Because we live in MD traveling back and forth will be more frequent in the coming months and I don’t know how we’ll swing with competing work priorities.

We’ve already nixed the STD’s and decided to send out invites a month earlier.  We’ve book the photog and DJ and haven’t met to discuss our detials and haven’t booked our cake, limo, and rentals.

I think we’re “ok” for the schedule, but I’d rather deal with the stress now and have the wedding day of our dreams sans drama!!

We don’t have much longer ladies, lets keep each other encouraged and motivated!!

Take care and be blessed!!

Post # 14
14 posts
Newbee

Definitely!  We had most of venues booked so went with choice number 6 which is about two resorts down from choice number 1 which stinks.  We have gotten a ton of flack cause it’s a Friday but we’re also doing it on a Friday morning so we have really pissed everyone off LOL. For us we live in Tallahassee Florida and his family is from Miami Florida and the day after is the UF vs. FSU game. I’m seriously having to plan for a football game lol.  Plus they don’t schedule the time till about a week before hand. People are crazy. seriously crazy lol.   I lost out on a couple of florists but once I got the location I went crazy and started booking everything. Everyone in my family was like you are rushing, but they just don’t get it at all.

Post # 15
29 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married on 11/11/11 and I’m freaking out! It’s going to be here before I know it. Smile

Post # 16
8 posts
Newbee

I am an 11-11-11 bride and have had no problems booking vendors.  I thought I would have some trouble and my family was telling me to calm down b/c we had time.  We got engaged 12-28-10.  Our wedding will be 30-35 guests so I am not sure if that is helping.

The topic ‘11.11.11 brides unite!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors