(Closed) 11.11.11 brides unite!

posted 9 years ago in November 2011
Post # 17
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m an 11.11.11, too, tentatively that is.  We don’t have to worry about the typical issues most brides have to be concerned about since we are eloping to a private island on the outer banks.  The National Parks Service doesn’t even let you apply for the permit until 10 days before your date, so I don’t have much choice there.  We are also glad that Thanksgiving is just two weeks after the date, too, so we are using the holiday as our reception.  My only real concern is making sure my dress is ready and perfect for the big day.  I want to get married at sunrise, but KJ is seriously balking at being up and ready by 6:44am.  I told him we could do it as late as 7:30 and it still be considered “sunrise”, but he is still not convinced.  Maybe I should use the tactic of ‘the earlier we get married the sooner we can see each other that day and not have to be ‘disturbed’.  Any ideas?  

Post # 18
5110 posts
Bee Keeper

I started booking vendors right after we got engaged 7-4-10 and Im glad I did. I knew our date would be a popular date.. and now there is nobody that is free for photography, dj, and limited.. not cute reception venues in my area.

by the way 128 days ladies EEEEKKK!! Our day is sneaking up on us quickly!! πŸ™‚

Where is everyone at in their planning?

Post # 19
678 posts
Busy bee

Hey ladies:

We booked our cake vendor and rehearsal dinner location this weekend, sooooooo excited!!  I’m a bit behind on DIY projects (craziness at work), so I’m considering changing our centerpieces…meh!!

Post # 20
14 posts
Newbee

I’m a 11.11.11 bride as well!  Engaged on 7.21.10.  It took us a few tries to get a venue that we liked and was available that day but we made it happen.  Our family is very supportive of a Friday wedding.  If people are worried about it, they haven’t been telling us!  Dj, flowers, centerpieces, limo rentals, and tuxes to go, but that should do it!  I can’t beleive its only 128 days away!!  I cannot wait to marry my highschool sweetheart!  πŸ™‚

Post # 21
152 posts
Blushing bee

@Elvis-My Fiance said the same thing! Our son was born on 01/10/10, and he wanted to keep the binary tradition going! 

We were engaged on 12/24/10. We pretty much booked everything in January and February because we knew it would be hard to come by vendors as it got closer. We were lucky and got all of our first choice vendors! 

I think people are more receptive of a Friday wedding when they know it is a holiday, so most people get off from work anyways. The biggest problem I am having with the date is that an acquaintance’s wedding falls on the same day, so some people are having to chose mine or theirs. Ours is in the morning and theirs is at night, so they could probably technically make both. We are going all out and having the ceremony start at 11:11 in the morning Tongue out

4 months and 4 days to go!!!

Post # 22
14 posts
Newbee

@kimbee23: are you getting any hassel from family for having a Friday morning wedding? Ours is pretty much a destination wedding and some people booked a friday morning flight assuming it was a friday night wedding. We just sent out invitations to try and help everyone out. A lot of my family is griping about it being a Friday morning because even though it is a government holiday, not many of our friends and family have off work (we don’t even lol).

But all in all I.don’t. care. one. bit πŸ™‚ so excited!!!!! Less than 4 months to go!!!!

Post # 23
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2018

Hi date twins!  We have a daytime, destination wedding, too.  We’re getting hitched in Lake Tahoe, CA, so folks have to make their way into town on Thursday night.  Local guests, from the Bay Area, are looking at a good 4 hour drive with traffic and weather on their side, and those flying in from Illinois (where most of my family resides), are certainly looking at a Thursday arrival.  Nobody has complained.  Most agree the date is awesome, and recognize it only comes along once in 100 years πŸ™‚

Post # 24
11 posts
Newbee

72 days!

Post # 25
5 posts
Newbee

Ohhh man I feel SO far behind. I haven’t even got invites, decided on flowers, or even picked out a photographer! 72 days left?!

I’m thinking give up and go to Vegas at this point.

What kind of flowers are you all using? I would LOVE to do wild flowers, but not sure if any will still be blooming in November.

Post # 26
139 posts
Blushing bee

I’m excited but stressed because of future in laws 

Post # 27
48 posts
Newbee

I’m an 11/11/11! Four weeks to go! This time in four weeks I’ll be a Mrs. πŸ™‚

We haven’t had too much hassle over the date. We are having ours in the afternoon so it makes it easier for those working around work and such.

Feels like there is so much left to do.

Post # 28
15 posts
Newbee

11/11/11 chosen because it will be easy to remember as we age.  I have decided to have cocktail hour and appetizers for my guests as they arrive.  That  way those coming from work or in from out of town will not be too hungry or eager for a drink during our ceremony.  Since they are being held at the at the same venue, we figured it was a good compromise to the Fri. thing.  I have decide to remain site unseen until the ceremony time so I will be enjoying apps and drinks in “the library” with my girls!

Post # 29
233 posts
Helper bee

I love that we are all marrying the “one” on 11-11-11.  My fiancé and I say that as we stand together in life we will always be one next to one, as one :). It’s so fun and symbolic!  Congrats everyone…. Less than two weeks to go!!

Post # 30
395 posts
Helper bee

So close!! 

Can’t wait to marry my sweetie!! 

I can’t wait to see pics from everyone!! πŸ™‚

Post # 31
28 posts
Newbee

I chose 11-11-11, too! I like it because it’s supposed to be lucky. Why’d you all choose it?

The topic ‘11.11.11 brides unite!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors