(Closed) 11/11/11 wedding timing

posted 7 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@serenity920: We are wedding twins! That is my date also. Since it is a friday, And we have most of my family driving 5 hours to be there, and my hubby to be has about 20 employees that want to come, and he doesn’t want to close down for the day because of our wedding, we are having an evening ceremony. Tentatively we are doing to have the ceremony at 6 and the reception to start at 7. As much as I’d love an 11:11 start time-I realize it isn’t realistic for our party. It is going to be a great day!

Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

we also are getting married on 11.11.11 !! first off congrats girls! we are so excited also…our ceremony is also in the evening being its a friday and veterans day and in manhattan(expecting the traffic) i wanted to pull in the date and use it too for something so im thinking maybe we will cut the cake at 11:11pm and do our second dance or something…not too sure yet…if you have any other ideas im willing to hear about them..and if i get any ill def share them with you guys!! happy planning!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee

WOW! We’re also getting married on 11-11-11 at 11am! My fiance wants to say “i do” at 11:11am I was wondering the same thing but our guests are okay with the time, and our schedules are almost identical! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
152 posts
Blushing bee

My Fiance and I are definitely in the 11:11 am boat. I have all kinds of crazy time related instructions on our wedding website because his family is notorious for being late. I just want to make sure they are there on time, so on the website it says something to the effect of Be there 30 minutes early, and if you miss our wedding because you were late I might have to hate you for a good part of forever. Harsh I know, but it’s probably the only way I am going to be able to get them there on time. Most of my family is travelling, and I have no doubt that they will be there on time!

Does any one else feel like people look down on you for having such a “cutsey” wedding day? Fiance and I were both mutually excited about having such an awesome once-in-a-lifetime date, and when we tell some people they are just like, “oh.” 

We were engaged on 12/24/10. The ceremony will start at 11:11 and we are hoping it will last 30 minutes. That will give us ~45 minutes for pictures (which we plan on doing most of before the ceremony, excluding together pics!) and a 15 minute drive to the reception site, with the reception from 1-5pm. And we are having ~88 guests

HTH!

Post # 7
1370 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Personally, if I got an invitation for 11am for a Friday wedding…I wouldn’t go. I think the whole 11:11 on 11/11/11 is getting a little played out., but that’s just my personal opinion.

I don’t think a date should determine the time you get married, but I do like the idea of having a dance or cake cutting at 11:11p.

You’ll also have to think that 11/11 is Veteran’s Day and some ceremonies/recognition services are held at 11:11am.

Post # 8
5110 posts
Bee Keeper

We are also getting married on 11-11-11.. Although our ceremony will start at three.. We thought about getting married at that time, but we both have large families and a fairly good size bridal party, So us girls all wanted plenty of time to get ready, (most of ther hair and makeup places around here dont open till 9) and I thought that would be pushing it lol. Then we are going to do some pics before. Family etc as much as we can without seeing my groom ๐Ÿ™‚ and then of course pics after then our reception is 6-11pm  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
150 posts
Blushing bee

another 11/11/11 here…

we’re probably going to so something at 11:11pm.  11am is just too early for me.  i don’t like the gap, so we’re not starting till about 6pm.

The topic ‘11/11/11 wedding timing’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors