(Closed) 11/11/12

posted 6 years ago in November 2012
Post # 4
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Yay – I have some 11/11/12 buddies! I consulted the buddhist calender to indentify an auspicious day for marriage and this was the closest date to our engagement anniversary so we picked it! We are also getting married in the Chinese Year of the Dragon which is particularly lucky for weddings! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
361 posts
Helper bee

@Miss TNK:  oh thats super cool! Did not know. Why is Year of the Dragon lucky for weddings? Fiance and I  wanted to get married in the Fall and we picked 11/11 because it is after all the Jewish holidays, but just enough before Thanksgiving so that people don’t feel stressed about traveling.  Veterens day was a plus too, so I’m hoping some people will have Monday off work. 

Post # 6
268 posts
Helper bee

@lanipapillon:  Here is some info about why it is so auspicious to be married (or have a baby or start a business in 2012) in a dragon year!

With all of this talk about the Mayans and 2012, we thought we should put a different spin on this notorious year and give you some insights into the Year of the Dragon.

“As you may know, there are 12 signs to the Chinese Zodiac (the rat, the ox, the tiger, the rabbit, the dragon, the snake, the horse, the goat, the monkey, the rooster, the dog, and the pig).

Of these, the Dragon is considered to be the most positive and the most powerful.

Dragons are also the bringers of good fortune. Unlike the dragons of lore in Western cultures that are fire-breathing, tenacious villains of storybooks, dragons of the East are very benevolent creatures. When you think about the 12 signs of the Chinese Zodiac, which animal is the only mythical one? The Dragon. So it only makes sense that the Dragon is a pretty special sign, to say the least…

And 2012 will be a Water Dragon. What does that mean? Well, in addition to the 12 signs of the Chinese Zodiac listed above, there are also 5 elements that get incorporated into the mix (Metal, Water, Wood, Fire, and Earth). Water Dragons calm the fire. Because Water bestows a more peaceful disposition, this Dragon will act wisely and intelligently, and unlike his fellow Dragons, is willing to set aside his ego for the good of all.”

My sporting team here is Oz NRL is also the St George Dragons – so again the dragons come into the scheme of things! ๐Ÿ™‚

So, what does this mean for 2012?  The 2012 Water Dragon is most likely to bestow the Chinese Five Blessings of harmony, virtue, riches, fulfillment and longevity– adding even more weight to the growing belief that 2012 will be about breakthroughs, not disasters. So, put your Mayan calendar away for the time being and focus on the good Water Dragon and all of the blessings he’ll bring to 2012. 

Post # 7
361 posts
Helper bee

@Miss TNK:  thanks for sharing!! Hmmm I will definitely be able to use some “harmony, virtue, riches, fufillment, and longevity”  this year.  Not only am I getting married this year but I also am graduating and need to start looking for jobs soon (eek), so I can use all the good fortune I can get! 

Post # 8
1811 posts
Buzzing bee

I am the day before you ๐Ÿ™‚  Welcome to the Nov group!

The topic ‘11/11/12’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors