(Closed) 11.12.11 when to send invites?

posted 7 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I would send them next month if it were my wedding.  Does your venue have a cutoff date where you need to tell them your guest count?  Usually a couple days before that would be a good reference for the rsvp date…A lot of people end up forgetting and sending the card back a few days late *ANNOYING*  Good luck and congrats!!

Post # 4
714 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Two months ahead is a good time to send out wedding invites.  When to get RSVPs back depends on your venue, caterer and personal choice.  If your venue/caterer need info early set an earlier rsvp date.  Otherwise, 3 weeks before the wedding is probably good.  That will give enough time to contact those that haven’t rsvped.

Post # 5
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

@shedayz: Well I am 11-11-11 bride but I am sending mine Late this month or early Sep like the first week. I think that gives people plenty of time. I also wanted people to have enough time to get RSVPs back. I made it a month before the day, bc I figure knowing our families their will be stragglers for a week or so, so I will still be able to give the venue a semi accurate number of people for the day of on their timeframe. They want to know the guest count 2 weeks before.

Post # 6
5110 posts
Bee Keeper

double post.

Post # 7
2192 posts
Buzzing bee

My wedding is 11-5-11 and we are sending ours out no sooner than 8 weeks in advance and our RSVP date is 10-22-11 will be 2 weeks before the wedding.

Post # 8
653 posts
Busy bee

I’m still confused about when to send mine out. My RSVP date is October 20, anyone have a suggestion to when I should send them out? I was thinking Sept 20th but I’m still VERY unsure and uneasy about it.

Post # 9
2192 posts
Buzzing bee

@Sah: Your wedding is only a week after mine so I would suggest the week of the 12th to give a full 2 months and then that would give them 5weeks to rsvp.

Post # 10
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

i just got an 11-11-11 invite in the mail yesterday if that helps. seems a bit early for me..but also helps since there will be travel and time off requests involved! 🙂

Post # 11
653 posts
Busy bee

@Crisark: Thank you for your advice! I think I may just do that… I like the idea of 5 weeks to RSVP.

@MissCurlyQ: Wow that is early! Although, my cousin is getting married October 9th and she sent her invited out over a month ago… so it would make sense compared to her timeline lol

Post # 12
2320 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I already sent out the invites to our two Out of Town couples, even though I wasn’t able to put a menu card in it.

I will send the rest, who are all local, in the middle of september after we do the menu selection.

RSVP date is October 31st!

Post # 14
2192 posts
Buzzing bee

@shedayz: Sounds perfect!

@Sah: Never a problem!! Glad I could 🙂

Post # 15
68 posts
Worker bee

We have the same wedding date! 

We are planning to mail ours by Sept. 15th.  We have asked for RSVPs by Oct. 15th, so we have plenty of time to track down the stragglers.

Hope that helps.

P.S. We sent out our save the dates in May.

Post # 16
140 posts
Blushing bee

We are 11-12-11 also. Our RSVP date is Oct 12 so we have a 2 weeks to get the stragglers since final counts are needed 2 weeks in advance.  I have our invitations all packed up and ready to go right now. My mother says I should wait until Sep to mail them, but I am so eager!! Trying to hold out a little longer! Haha

The topic ‘11.12.11 when to send invites?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors