(Closed) 1/2 carat Marquise solitaires?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I know this isn’t a solitare- but the marquise diamond is 0.34 carats. This ring is a 4.5 even though I’m probably closer to a 4. πŸ™‚

Post # 4
2577 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@kroshko:  Gosh, I love your ring! the proportions of your marquise really appeal to me πŸ™‚

Post # 6
82 posts
Worker bee

Thank you! My fiance designed it himself (no help from me, other than suggestions that I liked marquise!) and I couldn’t be happier with it… except I have no idea what to do for a wedding band, lol.

I hope the size helped though, I have itty bitty hands and I really like the size of this diamond on my hand.

Post # 8
82 posts
Worker bee

They’re square side stones. I’m just waiting for my fiance to get back in town (holla, LDR!) and then we’ll go shopping together, hopefully. The only band I’ve tried on was my mom’s plain gold band… but ideally, I’d like to find a band with stones that match the squares on the side.

Post # 9
82 posts
Worker bee

This is the side view, btw. It’s DEFINITELY a high setting… takes some getting used to before you learn how to not gouge yourself. Dental wax helps when you’re learning. πŸ˜‰

Post # 11
2006 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I don’t have one, but I’ll admit that it was one of my top 3 choices.  I either wanted a 1 ct round, 1 ct pear, or 1/2 ct marquise solitaire.  Since we went with moissanite my Darling Husband picked round (marquise and pear aren’t very common in moissy cause they show more color) but i still dream of a delicate marquise RHR.

Post # 13
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

So glad to see more women considering the elegant cut of a marquise πŸ™‚ I recomend a fairly high setting if you want to wear a straight band. Even with my rings super high setting, there’s still a little gap with a straight band (which I don’t mind)

Post # 14
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Not the best pic of mine but this is my 3ct Natural Emerald Marquise and I have a 6.5 finger!! I have a bezel setting and never have any problems with it πŸ™‚ 

Post # 15
82 posts
Worker bee

@JustLove25:  I think it was just the height of the setting,compounded with the fact that I’ve never really worn a ring on my left hand before. It didn’t take long to get used to. πŸ™‚

Post # 16
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Mine is .4 ct. First the solitaire, which he used for the proposal, and second is the ring we’re designing (this was the antique inspiration):

The topic ‘1/2 carat Marquise solitaires?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors