1/2 ct. center stone eternity band…being told it’s “too small”? Show me yours.

posted 6 months ago in Rings
Post # 2
19 posts
Newbee

Neensie28 :  Your ring is beautiful and the perfect size. Someone will always criticize, too small, too big, bad cut, cloudy, etc…Ignore them. Your ring is gorgeous and you love it. That is what matters.

Post # 3
120 posts
Blushing bee

I think your ring is perfect! It looks really good on your hand.

Post # 4
2704 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

There’s no such thing as “too small” or “too big” it’s all personal taste.  Your ring is lovely and you and your Fiance love it and that’s all that matters.  

Good luck dealing with FMIL in the future though, anyone who would say that to their FDIL sounds like a massive see you next Tuesday. 

Post # 5
23 posts
Newbee

Your ring is gorgeous!!! It looks beautiful on you. Mine is 1/2 ct total (1/4 ct center). I picked it out, and it was smaller and under the budget that Fiance had set. Different people have different preferences on size, cut, band, setting, etc. The important thing is that YOU love it! 

Post # 6
1187 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2020

I think it’s beautiful! Small rings are awesome to have. I absolutely adore mine. People can say as they wish. I did get one “It’s so tiny!” From an acquaintance, but it didn’t really bug me since I love my ring so much and know it’s right for me.

Here’s my little ~.4ct ring!

Post # 7
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I have a 0.5 carat ring, and when I got it, my mom said “holy that diamond is huge!” in comparison to engagement rings from her day, I guess it is. To me, it’s a perfect size.

As long as you’re happy with it, that’s all that matters. 🙂

Post # 8
55 posts
Worker bee

I love that size—I think it’s super chic. 

Post # 9
2328 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Neensie28 :  I wouldn’t put any thought into that comment, I expect ot was either meant to be picking on your fiance (I’ve witnessed a few men’s family members make comments like that in similar situations, thinking they are funny). Or she may have been talking about the actual ring size, because it looks like it fits snug, which is personally my preference, but some people like rings loose.

A .5ct center is a big stone imo, my ring is just .2ctw and I love it.

Post # 10
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

My center stone is .45. “Too small” is in the eye of the beholder, anyway — everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a small diamond. Your ring is beautiful. Don’t let her comment get under your skin (easier said than done, I know). ☺️

Post # 11
721 posts
Busy bee

My diamond is .50 and I think it’s a great size. The eternity band is 1 ct and 3 mm. I like the look of a thicker band with my ering. The trendy, thin pave bands made my ering appear smaller.

Your future mil sounds miserable. 

Post # 12
377 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I’ve posted this before but it never fails to amaze me! Why do people think it’s socially acceptable to comment, totally uninvited on engagement rings in a way that they wouldn’t on ANY other piece of jewellery? People would never look at your earrings and say ‘not for me but if you like them…..’ or  ‘you’re bracelet is nice but it’s too flashy!’ Why why why????   The only advice that I can give (other than she’s just rude) is you will never please everyone all of the time! Your ring is beautiful and only you have to love it! 

Post # 13
32 posts
Newbee

I think your ring looks gorgeous, perfectly proportioned on your finger. I’ve always thought that the size of a person’s ring is their personal preference. In other words, some may not want the huge, beautiful rock but instead opt for the equally gorgeous, daintier piece. Also, like some previous posters said, I find it weird that people assume a bigger stone equals a higher price (and shows a lack of education about the 4Cs). Regardless, your ring is amazing!!! I love how the sparkle of your band compliments the center stone. Congrats on your engagement! 

Post # 14
3022 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

There’s no such thing as a too-small ring. It’s a matter of personal preference. I personally am of the “more isn’t necessarily better” school of thought and would rather wear a sensibly-sized ring like yours than a large ring. If I had a large diamond I’d wear it on a pendant where it wouldn’t get in my way!

I personally think your ring looks lovely and proportionate on your small hands! The band gives it lots of sparkle too! 

Post # 15
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

webbee :  I have a half carat as well and my mom also comment about how diamonds were smaller when she got married.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors