1/2 ct. center stone eternity band…being told it’s “too small”? Show me yours.

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
1320 posts
Bumble bee

It’s beautiful! 

Post # 17
2976 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

Your diamond is very lovely with lots of sparkle. Ignore her comments!!

Post # 18
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

My ring is technically 0.55 ct although I always refer to it as a 1/2ct. I think it is the perfect size for me. I have never wanted big ring.

20170419_083906

Post # 19
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

First, your ring is BEAUTIFUL! You did an excellent job picking it out. 

Second, your ring is not too small and it was quite rude of your Future Mother-In-Law to say so. My ring is a 0.7 ct solitaire. I was recently out shopping for a replacement ring for when I travel. The shop I was at had CZ rings that were either 0.5 ct or 1 ct and after trying both I went with the 0.5 (the price difference was only a few dollars so that didn’t influence my decision). I can appreciate large stones but they are not my style, especially for every day wear. 

Post # 20
891 posts
Busy bee

Mine is a .64ct but due to the shape of the stone, the table is larger than a round solitaire. I think your ring is beautiful xx

Post # 21
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

My photo’s not uploading right now, but we’re ring twins! Obviously I’m biased, and mine’s actually a little smaller, but it’s stunning! Tell her to shove it. But, you know, nicely.

Post # 23
1518 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2017 - A vineyard

I think your ring is great!  Very pretty and i think you should be proud of it! Half a carat is nothing to sneeze at. 

We used my grandmother’s .47 carat diamond as my centre. I had sooo many personal issues with it at first because it’s not in a setting that’s completely my style but now I’m actually really rather attached to it now. 

Post # 24
42 posts
Newbee

Your ring is beautiful . Wear it with pride and the love it means between u and ur SO. . I also been same boat where I show my ring and then they say Oh it’s nice , it’s so cute.  W. E.  That means pppffff shake off them haters! !!!

Mine .30ct

Post # 25
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

First of all your ring is beautiful and congrats! It takes a lot of time and thought into picking out what ring is perfect for you to wear the rest of your life 🙂

If its any consolation my mother said the exact same thing to me and I was hurt at first as well, how can it not, like you said we are human! However, after I got married and paired it with a wedding band all she does is comment on how the diamond pops and how it changed the look of the ring which she now loves. Not that it really mattered to me in the first place, but it just goes to show you that first opinion isnt always how they think of it.

Post # 26
943 posts
Busy bee

IMG_7210We are basically ring twins, so of course I love your ring 🙂 My ring is a half carat on an eternity band with a size 7 finger. It was all bought at the mall 😛  I love it and what it means to my DH and me.  I am so sorry that you aren’t getting positive support from the people who mean a lot to you.  You deserve to be supported and not have useless negative feedback like that.  I hope that she is able to be kinder in the future!!! Until then, rock on, and enjoy your ring and your Fiance 🙂

Post # 28
943 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Neensie28 :  Ahh so so beautiful 🙂 Ours are so close!  Instead of the matching band, I went for the slightly thinner one.  It’s slightly thinner than the engagement ring as well as slighly shorter.  I am probably the only person who can notice that though.  I am not sure of the size of the diamonds on either band. 

Post # 29
179 posts
Blushing bee

Mine is a 0.58 carat. I think half a carat is a chic and classic size. Not too big, not too small. 

Post # 30
5466 posts
Bee Keeper

Mines a half too! I also picked mine out.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors