1/2 ct. center stone eternity band…being told it’s “too small”? Show me yours.

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 46
896 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
braveandblue :  what is that stone on your middle finger? Gorgeous! I have a similar ring I also wear occassionally on my middle finger hehe. I really like the richness of that color in yours!

View original reply
Neensie28 :  half carat, small?? No way, it’s the perfect size! I would only start considering it’s small below .25ct, and even then it’s a look I like, a dainty carefree look. I sometimes borrow my mom’s ~.25ct ring for fun. 😛 Found an older pic from when I still had it (given it back to her already, otherwise would wear all the rings together to show).

Post # 47
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

View original reply
zzar45 :  Omg that’s the best phrase I’ve ever heard and will use that forever now

Post # 50
896 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Neensie28 :  It’s sapphire! I wouldn’t dare to wear garnet on a daily basis. Just to clarify, in the second photo is my mom’s solitaire, not mine!

Do you have more photos of your solitaire from different angles? It’s really pretty and delicate!

Post # 52
896 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Neensie28 :  I think it’s perfect for you! Especially if you chose it and like that size, it’s definitely not “too small”!! Enjoy it, and don’t mind what others say. Everyone has different tastes, be confident with yours!

Post # 53
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

Mine is a 1/2 carat and I love it.  It did get annoying with the saleslady trying to reassure me that we could upgrade the diamond later if I ever want to.  I don’t think she understood I WANTED something this size. 

Your ring is gorgeous!

Post # 54
8 posts
Newbee

I love this thread! Here is a photo of mine- .5 carat. 

When my husband and I were dating, friends of ours got engaged, and he sneakily asked me about rings. I told him I definitely would want less than a carat, probably closer to a half, which is what he got. I love it! It is absolutely my style. However, I have felt a little self conscious at times in regards to others’ opinions. Strange that no one seems to think a person could actually prefer a small stone. I always wear dainty jewelry. Why would my style suddenly change when it came to this? Everyone seems to think bigger is better- something that I never realized. Big rings are pretty, just not my taste.  Oh well! So many beautiful rings on this thread 😊

Post # 55
1023 posts
Bumble bee

Congratulations on your engagement!

Mother-In-Law was very rude to say that. Everybody has different tastes, and what one person considers too small, another considers too big. The only appropriate response to seeing a woman’s engagement ring is “How lovely, congratulations!”

If anybody else makes that sort of comment, I would say, “That’s very rude. I’m embarassed for you.”

Post # 56
2664 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Your ring is gorgeous! Half carat is more than enough to me. 

My SI1 GH 1/2 solitaire on size 5.5 

Post # 57
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I love your ring! It’s beautiful and it looks perfect on your finger. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors