(Closed) 12 days left until the wedding….YIKES!

posted 8 years ago in LGBTQ
Post # 3
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heritage Square Museum

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I think you’re awesome and brave and lovely to share it here! And it made me tear up (and gave me such hope) to read that your family finally came around! Your mum is definitely gonna be there with you in spirit! πŸ™‚ We’re dealing with the reality that F Stripes family is probably NOT showing up at our wedding and it’s crazy tough. For me. So it’s hard for me to even imagine the sadness she is feeling. The bigness of a wedding and a gay wedding at that is totally amazing and overwhelming to me sometimes! AND it sounds like you are ready and oh so deserving of all the happiness that’s coming your way! Thanks for being part of our little corner here on WB and have a wonderful wedding! Lots of love and well wishes to ALL involved! πŸ™‚   

Post # 4
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Wishing you both a lovely lovely wedding and so happy for you!  Yes, you deserve everything that goes with being a bride!

I know your mom is smiling and so happy for you too, looking down, just as my father is and grandparents are doing with me too.  My heartfelt sympathy to you in having to endure her loss during this time. 

Congratulations to you both πŸ™‚ 

Post # 6
122 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

You’re story touched my heart and resonated so well with me.  As I had mentioned before, I recently lost my Grandma, so I totally understand your pain.  I’m so happy that your Dad is going to be there by your side on your special day-the day you commit to the love of your life.

I have 3 days left, and am a mix of emotions.  I’m happy to be marrying my honey, and sad that my grandma won’t be there in the flesh to celebrate with us.  The only advice I can give you is to breathe deep breaths several times a day, and do check the weather.  It is a must.  I have been weather stalking, and am happy with the results.  The bees are always here for support, so feel free to tap into this amazing network anytime.

Post # 7
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

You have brought a tear to my eye, your story truly warms my heart. I wish you and your WTB health and happiness in the years to come. Congratulations πŸ™‚ x

Post # 8
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

yea for you!  glad you are “bride”ing it up!  congratulations, and so glad to hear that your dad will be in attendance.  i don’t know if you believe in this sort of thing, but i tend to think that your mom will be there in spirit.  πŸ™‚

also, you should post pics of what your dress looks like!

Post # 9
2392 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I just wanted to know that reading this really moved me.  Good luck to you and your partner this weekend.

Post # 10
7405 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

Congratulations! πŸ™‚

Post # 11
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I loved reading your story; your excitement is contagious!

I came out late in life.  Okay so I was out as “bi” from age 17 or so but not to my mom.  I married a guy, stayed married to him even though it was a nightmare for 7 years, together for 10. 

I came out to my mom at age 31.  Before that I’d had girlfriends but nothing serious and nothing really “public”.

I married my ex for all the wrong reasons;  I had a child from a casual affair before meeting my ex.  Met my ex when my son was about 18 months old.  He offered security and I wanted another baby, badly.  We ended up marrying in the courthouse but originally planned a big wedding and I remember when plannign that wedding how it was exciting but all about me and the dress and the atmosphere.  I wasn’t excited about becoming his wife.  crazy huh?

It is so different now.  I cannot wait to marry Fiance (we’ve been together 7 years) and all the excitement is about MARRYING HER!  My focus has totally shifted.  I just wish my mom was on board.

Post # 12
58 posts
Worker bee

I’m loving these stories of other LGBTQ couples who are so excited to marry their SO’s!! There’s just not enought of this in regular media, magazine, blogs, etc. Congrats to you all!

The topic ‘12 days left until the wedding….YIKES!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors