(Closed) 12 days to go…and I am SOOOO burnt out!

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am not a married bee but I have a great tip: go on a date with your soon to be husband. Remind yourselves that all of this is for a reason–for you two to be together for the rest of your lives! Pick a favorite, comfortable place to have your date and leave your phone and planner at home. 

Post # 4
3575 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Great idea @canadianbacon!  And if you’ve ever watched My Fair Wedding with David Tutera…he always has either the bride and /or bride and groom do something completely UNWEDDING related.  This way you can regroup with yourself.  Do you have time for a massage??

Post # 5
2779 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

In the last two weeks I would designate “wedding” days where I would bash through the list of things I needed to do for the wedding – and the rest of the time I just vegged out in front of the TV reading books and being myself. Darling Husband and I weren’t able to go on a date just before the wedding but it was basically a me-date. I let myself do whatever I wanted at the time and not think about the wedding at all. I also enlisted lots of help for my last few DIY projects and started to fend off inquiries to other people so I would have peace of mind. Delegate – delegate – delegate!

Post # 6
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@sarahd07:  Hey, date twin!  This is going to sound totally goofy, but one night last week, I went on You Tube and watched all kinds of wedding videos (of real weddings) and wedding songs.  Like the wedding from the end of Muppets Take Manhattan and Get Me to the Church on time from My Fair Lady.  It got me totally giddy and excited and it was only an hour out of my life.  Do you have an hour to spare?  Can you take time to do something totally anti-wedding?  Watch a football game, make cookies or something?

Also, if you have the funds, I would highly reccomend a massage.  My Maid/Matron of Honor gifted me with one last weekend and it was heaven.

Good luck and hang in there!  Only a few more days to go!

The topic ‘12 days to go…and I am SOOOO burnt out!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors