(Closed) 12 dpo BFP slight brown spotting and little cramping…….

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
1034 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Congrats on your BFP! Based on my experience, I don’t think you should be too worried. I’m just shy of 11 weeks, and I’ve had quite a bit of cramping throughout this pregnancy, especially in the first few weeks. Brown blood is old blood, and I had a little bit of brown spotting in the beginning. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t turn to red. If you’re concerned though, I’d call your doctor. Only you know how you feel and everyone’s experience is different. Also, I’ve found that staying hydrated really helps with the cramps. Good luck and I hope all turns out to be ok. (And a darker line is a great sign!)

Post # 3
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

It might be implantation bleeding/cramping. 

Post # 5
2662 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Nickig_4:  I had the same experience and am now 11 weeks. I spotted from 9DPO-13/14DPO …mostly brown tinged CM in my undies with a little pink on TP when I wiped a time or two. It’s normal. If it changes to red then you might want to call your Dr. It could be implantation bleeding as I think mine was, totally normal to spot a little around when your period should come. I bet it will go away in a few days.

Congratulations to you! I saw your lines in another post and they looked great for how early you are…reminded me of mine at 11 dpo! ๐Ÿ˜€ Try not to over analyze this but also do keep an eye on it. Confession: I still look at the TP and my pants each time I go to the bathroom even though I haven’t had any issues since those first few days. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 6
2662 posts
Sugar bee

Nickig_4:  Brown is old blood so it could be left over from implantation a few days ago. It takes blood a few days to trickle out anyway, lovely I know. :)I forgot to add, I also had tugging, pulling, pinching feelings for a week and a half around that time too. Also totally normal.

Post # 10
2662 posts
Sugar bee

Nickig_4:  Yes, the game of patience begins. If you thought the TWW was bad try the Four Week Wait between Dr. appointments! ๐Ÿ˜‰ It seems like we’re always waiting for something…wait to O, tww, poas, blood tests, apts…etc. I guess it’s a good lesson in patience as we wait to finally meet our little ones in 9 months.

I have a good feeling about your symptoms and early dark BFPs. Try to enjoy this time and let yourself just feel happy. You did it! You are pregnant and your body is experiencing totally normal symptoms for early pregnancy. Again, congratulations! Enjoy watching your lines getting darker. If you test every other morning they will be more obvious in darkness than everyday which could cause you to worry unnecessarily.

Post # 11
1983 posts
Buzzing bee

Nickig_4:  implantation bleeding doesn’t necessarily happen the day of implantation. If it’s brown, it’s old blood.

Post # 12
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I had the same experience, although my spotting started at 9 dpo and continued for 10 days, and I now have a healthy three week old baby. Brown blood is usually ok, especially if it is minimal. 

Post # 14
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I had a lot of cramping ( mild) for the first few weeks. I think it’s normal. I’ve heard spotting is also generally benign. 

Post # 15
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I am in the exact same boat as you right now. Positive test a few days ago and now brown cm at 12dpo… I hope nothing is wrong ๐Ÿ™ fingers crossed for both of us.

The topic ‘12 dpo BFP slight brown spotting and little cramping…….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors