(Closed) 12 months until we can even TTC!

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

12 before even getting pregnant?!  That seems mean.  I would expect the whole 9 months before live birth clause but wow.  Nice job checking though…I’m never diligent about things like that, but I need to start looking into the details!

Post # 5
1057 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

That’s awful! I wish you all the patience in the world!

Post # 6
2867 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

That’s crazy. It’s like getting car insurance but you’re not allowed to drive on the highway. It seems weird that they could say you can’t get pregnant for 12 mos. – what if you weren’t even trying and did?

Post # 7
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

My health insurance had an 18 month waiting period… so it could be worse 😉

I think a lot, esp. if they’re not employer provided, have a waiting period of between 12-18 months. Good thing to look into if you’re changing insurance after getting married!

Post # 8
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

12 months will fly by! focus on enjoying your new marriage this year, and ttc will be here before you know it!

Post # 9
2821 posts
Sugar bee

I’m not completely up on insurance but from what I understand if you have had credible coverage with not more than a 63 gap then your waiting period for preexisting conditions should decrease.  Though there’s lots of caveats, especially for individual coverage.

http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_hipaa.html

Can I reduce or eliminate the maximum preexisting condition exclusion period?
Yes, if you can show “creditable coverage.” Most health coverage can be used as creditable coverage, including participation in a group health plan, COBRA continuation coverage, Medicare and Medicaid, as well as coverage through an individual health insurance policy. However, you should try to avoid a significant break in coverage (63 days) if you want to be able to count your previous coverage. If you have a break shorter than 63 days, coverage you had before that break is creditable coverage and can be used to offset a preexisting condition exclusion period. Days spent in a waiting period for coverage cannot be used as credit. But, they also are not counted toward the significant break (63 days) you are trying to avoid.

The topic ‘12 months until we can even TTC!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors