(Closed) 1/2 or 3/4 eternity e-ring

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1718 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I have a 1/2 eternity wedding band.  I prefer it since no one can see the diamonds on the bottom of the band anyways.  I also don’t like feeling of the diamonds/prongs between my fingers; the diamonds on my ring tapers off into white gold so it’s more comfortable.  I’m also a big klutz and I never take off my ring so I don’t want to damage any diamonds on the side of my palm.  It’s ultimately up to you what you like!  Some girls never have any problems with their 3/4 of full eternity ring. 

Post # 4
9954 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

@mnp: –> THIS  

I have a 1 CTW Half-Eternity as my WBand.  I would never go for a 3/4 or Full… because the backside can get pretty messed up IMO.

A Half-Band and as long as it sits fairly quiet on your finger, it is going to always show ALL Diamond up (IMO sizing is very important when it comes to Eternity Rings)

AND the nice thing about my band?  It is channel set… so it is smooth… no bothersome prongs to “stick into” my hand or other fingers (depending on what I / it is doing)

Hope this helps,

Post # 5
3063 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I have a 3/4th eternity band and I love it. I feel like with a half eternity I would be adjusting it alot, but since the plain metal portion of my ring is so minimal it rarely spins far enough that the metal shows on top. Plus I still have the option of resizing in the future if eneded.

Post # 6
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Both my e-ring and band are half… I got them fused so that they stay together and up- most of the time at least.

I personally don’t mind that’s it’s only half– especially since I’ve had them sized twice already– my finger is crazy and can’t decide what size it wants to be!

Post # 7
768 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Mine is half eternity and it spins a lot. If I could go back I would have gotten a 3/4

Post # 8
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My ering is a 3/4 and I’m quite happy. My ring is quite top-heavy and when it’s fully tilted to one side, the ending point of the diamonds on the band just passes the midway point up my finger. As such, if it was a 1/2, then the metal for sure would show at the top. With a 3/4, no one can  tell it’s not a full eternity.

FWIW, my wedding ring is a full eternity. I get my rings checked every few months and there hasn’t been any damage. I’ve had my ering for almost 3 years.

The topic ‘1/2 or 3/4 eternity e-ring’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors