(Closed) 12 Thinigs You'll Regret NOT Doing on Your Wedding Day?

posted 4 years ago in Recaps
  • poll: How many of the 12 are you doing?
    All 12! : (0 votes)
    9-11 : (32 votes)
    34 %
    6-8 : (29 votes)
    31 %
    3-5 : (16 votes)
    17 %
    1-2 : (16 votes)
    17 %
    None~ : (1 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 3
    2832 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I agree with most of the points; but I won’t be having a videographer or a reception dress.

I can’t imagine spending all that money on a dress to just wear it for an hour.

Post # 4
    4664 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Doing most of these, even reception dress and comfy shoes. No videographer though, with TWO photographers I’m not really worried about it. They’ll get what’s important.

I resent the arm-toning thing though. I’m just as happy and glowing and married regardless of the state of my arms. Can we puh-lease stop trying to make brides feel more self conscious than they already do for like FIVE seconds?

Post # 6
    363 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

I agree with most of these but I’m not getting a reception dress either.

Post # 8
    323 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Let’s see, I don’t watch ANY home videos that were professionaly recorded and they are ALL just as good of memories. I’m not going to be displaying my wedding video for people to watch, so if it is JUST for me, I am good with the friend of the family recording it. Professional photography, okay… I’ll be displaying these pictures all over my house and work place and I flip through pictures FAR MORE OFTEN than I watch videos… so yeah, not going to regret not having a professional videographer.

I LOVE my wedding dress FAR TO FREAKIN MUCH to only get to wear it for a 30 minute ceremony. I want to rock that baby ALL NIGHT LONG! Who the hell cares if it gets dirty? It isn’t like I have another event to go to that I’ll need it. Most of the dirt will get cleaned off when I send it to get preserved, tyvm.

Post # 9
    6134 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2013

I agree with 6 of the 12. As much as I wanted a videographer, it wasnt in the budget no matter how much stuff I would be willing to cut. Sometimes those things just aren’t possible. As far as the reception dress, there is no way in hell I’m taking off my wedding dress. I might even sleep in it haha.

Post # 10
    1094 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Hmm….  i guess most of them seem pretty reasonable but this one bugs me:

8. Not having toned arms for photos: This is especially true if you are wearing a ballgown that covers pretty much everything else. Forget dieting or working out like a mad woman before the wedding; the only thing that is really exposed are you arms, so just focus on them. Try high-reps with low weights–Tracy Anderson has some great tips (just watch her vids on YouTube).

I was just reading a thread about fat shaming and here’s a perfect example! Also, it’s terrible advice because you can’t just target one area really. I’ve had countless trainers tell me you can’t just focus on one thing, it’s an all or something game.

Post # 11
    323 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@IzzyBear:  I’ll be right there with ya sister! If only sleeping in it was a realistic option!

@MrsVandykins: I think this would be better listed as “Not holding your arms out/pressing your arms against your body for pictures” When you press them against your body (which is normal to do) this makes your arms look flat (F.L.A.T.) but if you hold them out, it gives them more of an ARM shape. lol.

Post # 12
    2832 posts
    Sugar bee

@MrsVandykins:  Yes… This!!… I am thin… but my arms have no definition!… I really need to work on my arms.

I would like to work on my legs too because they will be making an appearance at my bridal showers. Ughh I need to get my butt into gear!!

Edit: I just saw what you said about fat shaming… I guess it could be fat shaming. But not in my case, I just want my arms to look good.

Post # 13
    2963 posts
    Sugar bee

I barely agreed with two. I am not interested in having the sterotypical wedding. I certainly am not wasting money on a reception dress, I only have a few hours to wear a wedding dress and I am going to milk it for all its worth!

Post # 14
    6361 posts
    Bee Keeper

For my wedding:

-No videographer

-No “our song”

-If I don’t like my arms in a sleeveless I’ll get some nice sleeves.

-I don’t like oil absorbing sheets. It takes off the makeup too and does a bad job removing shine. I prefer compact powder.

-Not sure I need a different reception dress, it seems wasteful. We’ll see how comfortable sitting will be in my ceremony dress. As for worrying about getting my wedding dress dirty, what occasion exactly am I supposed to be saving it for?

The rest is good advice. So 7/12, just over half.

Post # 15
    536 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

Videographer: not in the budget

photos: recruiting sisters in law to play photographer. Paying for photos isn’t in the budget

Waiting too long for food: Verdict’s still out on whether we’ll have any booze, so no worries about people getting drunk. But I do want bread & dipping oil on all the tables, so there will be food waiting.

Our song: we don’t have one.

Open bar: Still not sure if we’re having booze.

Hotel: I’m trying to insist on this one. I want it to be a special night, not just going back home.

Family photos: Definitely going to insist. Of all of us kids, mine will be the only wedding where everyone is there. Our last “family portrait” was at mom’s funeral. So by golly, the meatheads are going to suck it up and pretend to like each other.

Toned arms: really???? THIS is what I should worry about? I’m not even going to try and diet, because if I don’t meet my goal I’ll feel miserable, and I’m not ruining my day worrying about what I didn’t do.

Time alone: Definitely!

Oil blotters: I need these on a good day. With all that crap on my face, I’ll be able to lube a semi.

Reception dress: I paid good money for my gown, & I’m gonna enjoy it! Besides, I’ve heard you can get room upgrades if you check in wearing your wedding clothes.

Shoes: Houston, we have a problem! My guy is a heel ogler, and the only thing he’s asking for is heels. I’ve told him I’d compromise and wear heels for the ceremony and wedges or flats for the reception.

So, 3 possibly 4 out of 12. Guess I’ll be regretting a lot.

Post # 16
    593 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

Videographer: A professional one was not in our budget, but my uncle filmed it so I can still watch bits and pieces of the day. Is it awesome and well put together? No.. but at least we can remember it. Not a big deal and no regrets. 

Photos: Did it.

Food: We feed our guests heavy hors’dourves right after the ceremony (many said they were full after cocktail hour) and then served dinner about an hour later.

Our Song: We don’t have one but had many songs played that were special to us.

Open Bar: We had unlimited beer and wine and that worked fine for us.

Hotel: Hubby and I drove 3 hours after our wedding.. We made no reservations because we didn’t know how far we’d feel like driving. We just stopped and stayed at some hotel (it was clean, but very businessy.. not romantic at all). While its not “ideal” we went straight to bed from exhaustation so its whatever. No regrets.

Family Photos: We got hundred of them. This was VERY important to us.

Toned Arms: My arms aren’t super toned but I am thin, so I think I look fine 🙂

Taking 10 Minutes: We did this.. It wasn’t planned but it took longer to get our wedding guests into the reception room and we told our wedding party to go get something to eat before our entrance. 

Oil Absorbing Sheets: Didn’t need them. We used a toner that kept my face from getting oily under my make up. 

Reception Dress: Didn’t want or need one.

Shoes: I made SURE mine were comfy 🙂

The topic ‘12 Thinigs You'll Regret NOT Doing on Your Wedding Day?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors