(Closed) 12 Thinigs You'll Regret NOT Doing on Your Wedding Day?

posted 7 years ago in Recaps
  • poll: How many of the 12 are you doing?
    All 12! : (0 votes)
    9-11 : (32 votes)
    34 %
    6-8 : (29 votes)
    31 %
    3-5 : (16 votes)
    17 %
    1-2 : (16 votes)
    17 %
    None~ : (1 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 48
    6 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: January 2014

Most of this really isn’t my style lol. I don’t think we’ll regret not doing the ones we’ve missed.

From the list, we’re doing…

Not leaving too long between the ceremony and guests – its literally a 10 minute car journey, then we can eat straight away.

Open bar – they can have whatever they want.

The arm thing – mine are already good.. although I don’t see why it matters.

10 minutes alone thing – we’re going to the venue together in a separate car. That will do.

And I’m undecided about a reception dress. Possibly.

I really don’t care about any of the others!

Post # 49
    1009 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I agree with all but the last couple.  I love our wedding video and blotting papers were an extra “something blue” tucked into my bra.  But I didn’t have a reception dress, and wore cheap ($20) shoes and was just fine.

Post # 50
    16 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I have to disagree with the open bar? Do you know you’re responsible if something happens to the guests after they leave? No I’m not paying for people to drink! 

Post # 51
    1936 posts
    Buzzing bee

I did everything she listed, except I didn’t hire a professional videographer but had 2 family members film the wedding. It was great! All you really need is to watch it again.. don’t need all the fancy stuff videographers can do. it’s super nice, but I coul;dn’t afford it 🙂

For all the bees who can’t afford a videographer I HIGHLY recommend having someone with a camera film it. The day goes by SO fast and you barely remember anything!

Post # 52
    1936 posts
    Buzzing bee

i had a white “going away” dress that I ended up changing into half way through the reception because my bustle kepy coming down by people stepping on my dress. I def appreciated having something else to change into.

Post # 53
    2440 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

We didn’t do all of those and I don’t regret it.  We didn’t hire a videographer, we just had someone with a Flip camera film the ceremony and some highlights from the reception.  For us that was fine, I didn’t need to spend a fortune on a video I’m not going to watch all that often but we still have some video.  Our hotel room was fine, but nothing super fancy.  Really didn’t care if it was super fancy though, we were out late and by the time we got to the room we really just wanted to sleep so all we needed was a bed.  For our honeymoons (minimoon and then long honeymoon) we had really nice upgraded suites.  I didn’t focus all my exercise on my arms because I wore a ballgown, honestly my pictures are fine and I didn’t mind how I looked (even though I’m a bigger girl).  I did not have oil-absorbing sheets.  You can’t even tell in my pictures that I didn’t touch up my makeup all day, I forgot to even reapply my lipstick. No reception dress, I think they’re a waste of money since you spend so much on your dress anyway. I wanted to dance around in my ballgown all night, also who cares if it got dirty, when am I wearing it again?

Post # 54
    2555 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

i did 2 of the 12 and don’t regret anything

Post # 55
    257 posts
    Helper bee

I just want to say–my guests will be eating directly after the ceremony, during pictures. That’s right, BEFORE ME!! I think they will be THRILLED! 🙂

The topic ‘12 Thinigs You'll Regret NOT Doing on Your Wedding Day?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors