(Closed) Week 12 – headaches!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Restaurant

Repeat post

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  lucygirl1.
Post # 3
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Restaurant

I find that a little bit of coffee really helps me headaches.  It is safe to drink up to 2 cups a day.

I used to LOVE my daily coffee, but once the morning sickness set in at 6 weeks, I wasn’t able to drink it. Now at 10 weeks, I am able to stomach some iced coffee, sometimes. It helps so much when I am feeling headachy or overly tired and having trouble concentrating.

Seltzer also gives me heartburn now!  I used to live off La Croix, but now I really can’t drink it much. Also, some of the flavors that I used to love make me gag, like coconut! I really only like the plain now, if I can drink it without feeling ill 🙁

Post # 4
356 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I had bad headaches too.. I’m sorry! I just tried to ride them out, unless they were really bad, then I’d cave and take Tylenol. My doctor recommended Excedrin without aspirin, since it has some caffeine, but I never tried it. Good luck, the headaches and nausea are really the pits

Post # 5
337 posts
Helper bee

I am in my 12th week as well 🙂 Ihaven’t vomited this entire pregnancy until I hit week 12…..this amazing new symptom has had me running to the restroom to puke the past couple of days. Fun!!

Tylenol is safe during pregnancy so if you just can’t stand it anymore, it’s always an option. I also know that drinking more water should help. Hang in there!

Post # 6
421 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

You can try magensium citrate supplements. I’m on 750 mg/day and they seem to be helping my chronic daily headaches. I usually don’t take any meds, but on bad days I’ll have Tylenol, which is category A (safe) in pregnancy, and a regular coffee instead of decaf. Hope they get better!

Post # 7
1579 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

palchicka:  I got a headache around 11 weeks that didn’t go away for almost 2 weeks!! I was taking Tynenol to help relieve some of the headache, but it wasn’t working very well and I was worried I was taking it too often. I called the doctor and she got me some meds within a few hours – thank god too. I was practically crying I was in so much pain.

They are a mix of Tynenol, caffeine (small amount), and some sort of muscle relaxer. The dosage was 2 every 6 or so hours and I was fine taking one pill a day. 

Call your doctor – she can give you something! Feel better!

Post # 8
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’m 16w now and have had daily headaches since around week 6 (although after week 13 or so I have had some headache free days).  For me, half a cup of regular coffee a day, lots and lots and lots of water and, Tylenol when they are really bad has helped (I’ll add that I don’t think Tylenol is really that helpful for headaches so I very rarely take it).  I also find a hot shower at night can help.  When all else fails, I just go to sleep early knowing that, once I’m sleeping, my head wont hurt anymore that day!

Post # 9
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I hear ya – I’ve always been prone to both headaches and migraines – during pregnancy has been brutal, since tylenol is useless for me as a pain medication.  Hydration is definitely very important, as is making sure you’re getting enough sleep, but what works like a charm for me is an ice pack.  It might sound strange, but if you put an icepack on your forehead or wherever, it will relieve the pain for me fairly quickly.  A lot of headaches are caused by inflammation or dialated blood vessels, and the ice pack will help to relieve both.  Good luck!!

The topic ‘Week 12 – headaches!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors