12 Weeks pregnant and SO HUNGRY!

posted 3 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
130 posts
Blushing bee

I haven’t ever been pregnant so I can’t give that specific of advice, but I have food allergies (wheat, dairy, some food additives) so it really restricts my diet. I actually eat very similarly to you but with a good amount of rice and oats as well. My body seems to burn through protein really fast and does not like going low carb and I have a feeling your body is needing more of it to fill you up with being pregnant. Maybe try adding in oats in the morning (I have eggs and cooked steel cut oats with berries most mornings for breakfast) and see if that helps and consider adding in a little rice or other carbs with some other meals. I bet it will fill you up a lot more and it is still a very healthy diet.

Post # 3
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: City, State

I remember being hungry when pregnant as well – honestly I think you need to start eating more! especially complex carbs like whole grain bread/rice, baked potato etc. Your body is in overdrive right now growing that baby so give it the energy it needs ! 

Post # 4
4058 posts
Honey bee

You are doing just fine, this is normal. Stick to snacking all day long to keep you comfortable without over eating. My doctor suggested I skip meals completely in favor of snacking. I would do hummus and veggies, then yogurt, then some berries, etc. all damn day and felt full without being gross.

Post # 5
130 posts
Blushing bee

Also just wanted to throw out some other carbs/snacks I eat regularly (and don’t gain weight or feel bloated from): rice cakes, rice crackers, sweet potatoes, real peanut butter (avoid the junky processed kind). 

I do eat some regular white/russet potatoes and corn products as well but in more moderation as it will make me feel bloated in larger amounts or in fried/chip form. I think it’s important to have some variety but also pay attention to your own body and only you know how your body reacts to things.

Post # 6
1374 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I don’t have any advice but I’m 12+5 today and wishing I could stand eating the things you are currently eating! lol. I’m usually a very protein heavy person, and I haven’t been able to stand meat or veggies while pregnant. I’m living on carbs and fruit and I’m so ready for these food aversions to end!

Post # 7
1684 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
dt2413 :  

Your body is likely asking for fat. Increase you omega threes if you have access to fresh seafood.  Also, pour the olive oil on your salads like its own warranted ingredient.  Eat more nuts.  Also increase beta carotene.  Carrots and broccoli.  That’s often what the body is asking for.  And don’t go hungry.  If you’re not eating junk food, then feed your body on demand just like you’d feed a baby.  Cut sugars, increase fats.

But you can’t cut both while you’re growing a baby.  Your body needs a fuel source.  If it’s not carbs then it will need to be fats/oils.  That’s what I did while pregnant and nursing.  It worked great.

Post # 8
1626 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: Malibou Lake Mountain Club

View original reply
dt2413 :  Try not to fight it. Unless your doctor recommends a modification due to possibly high blood pressure, own health needs, pregnancy diabetes etc. Your body is getting what it needs to create your little nugget.

Ask your OB for sure. Our bodies are beautifully unique during pregnancy.

congrats!!!

Post # 9
1825 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Drink milk if you can! Milk is extremely good for early pregnancy, and it fills you up well 🙂 I remember being around 12 weeks pregnant and I drank 2 whole gallons in three days XD It was the worst craving I’ve had this whole time. 

Post # 10
5818 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2017

You need to eat some carbs when you’re pregnant. Statistically you have a 30% higher chance or neural tube defects if you are on a low carb diet while pregnant. It’s only 9mths, you can do low carb after your pregnancy.

Post # 11
1112 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

What’s wrong with eating all the time when you’re pregnant? I think it’s healthy to eat when hungry but especially during pregnancy. My appetite went into overdrive during 1st trimester. I’d eat whatever and whenever my body told me to and baby is growing and developing well! 

Post # 13
5818 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2017

View original reply
dt2413 :  perhaps you’re craving a crusty bun or some whole wheat pasta. Your body is telling you it needs more food.

Post # 15
47342 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
dt2413 :  Do you have access to a dietician through your healthcare plan? I would seek some professional advice.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors