(Closed) 12 weeks to go! Dress fitting on Friday!

posted 4 years ago in November 2015
Post # 2
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

RhianfaHW:  That sounds so fun! How did the fitting go?

Post # 3
2871 posts
Sugar bee

Kinda jealous. My fitting isn’t until October 13th. Bit too close for my comfort!!

Post # 5
27 posts
Newbee

RhianfaHW:  How exciting! I’m getting married this Nov too and my dress fitting is this Monday. So nervous… arrghhhh…. Good luck with your preparations x

Post # 6
611 posts
Busy bee

RhianfaHW:  That’s exciting! I’m lucky enough to not need alterations on my dress. I’m also getting married in November and it was nice to not have to worry about that expense. 

Post # 8
611 posts
Busy bee

RhianfaHW:  November 13! I’m so excited but I still have a lot I need to get/do lol. 

Post # 9
179 posts
Blushing bee

ErinEllen:  Me too!  Have you received a lot of comments about picking that day?! 🙂

I can’t believe it’s coming closer finally 🙂

Post # 10
611 posts
Busy bee

futuremsd1113:  Haha I’ve been waiting for a date twin! Lol. Nobody picks Fridays but it’s way cheaper haha. I haven’t heard too much about it because we tried to do it late enough that people could still go to work and then come if they want. Our ceremony doesn’t start until 6:30 and it’s really close to our house. We also gave like way advance notice because I got really excited lol. The only people that took the day off work and the day before are the bridal party and our parents. And a lot of our bridal party didn’t take the day before off. We’re doing our rehearsal dinner at 7:30.

Post # 11
179 posts
Blushing bee

ErinEllen:  That’s great!  We ended up doing earlier in the day (3pm), but we’re kind of having a smallish wedding where half the guests are my family and a few good friends coming from out of town anyway a couple days prior.  Some of the local guests have Fridays off anyway due to jobs or we gave lots of advance notice and some people will have to take that afternoon off but hopefully that will work out okay. Most of the comments I’ve gotten are simply about it being Friday the 13th, but honestly, we picked it partially for that irony as well as being lots less expensive.  Plus, we think there’s much more than good or bad luck that makes a marriage work.  😉  We also wanted the weekend here to be free before we go on the honeymoon so we could spend time with those out of town friends and family before they leave but after the wedding craziness is done.

Post # 12
2871 posts
Sugar bee

You all are making me nervous. My dress doesn’t get altered until 10/13.. with my wedding on 11/6. Cutting it close if you ask me!

Post # 13
618 posts
Busy bee

mrsfiddlesticks:  Ditto! My seamstress said she only needed 3-4 weeks, putting my first fitting around the 15th of October for my 11/14 wedding. 

Post # 14
611 posts
Busy bee

futuremsd1113:  Oh yeah I did get comments about it being bad luck but I’m not really superstitious. My dad says I’m really tempting fate because I had my bridal shower way earlier than most people, me and my Fiance will be staying the night before wedding together, and we’re doing a first look. Lol. 

The topic ‘12 weeks to go! Dress fitting on Friday!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors