(Closed) 12 years together and he's still lying to me. I don't know what to do.

posted 4 years ago in Relationships
Post # 60
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
anonandon :  SOUNDS TO ME LIKE HE LIES JUST TO NOT HEAR YOU APEASE YOU. 

IDK. 

Post # 62
316 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
anonandon :  Ew. I’m sorry but he sounds disgusting, like my ex from 15 years ago. I was happy as a clam to leave him by the end of the string of lies he put me through. Smoking is disgusting and lying about anything is just plain horrible. 

More than that, but he’s been doing it for 12 years, you said so in the subject line. I’d cut my losses and say goodbye. You’d be better off…

Post # 63
607 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Why would you want to marry someone who is a habitual liar? He’s not going to change. Even if he seeks counseling…how do you know he’ll be going? Plus he would need to recognize his error of ways and make that change on his own not you telling him he needs to go. I had an ex bf that lied about everything. I couldn’t stand it and that’s why the relationship didn’t last. If you marry him, then be well prepared for the ride he will be taking you on for the rest of your life. 

Post # 64
3 posts
Wannabee

I would break up with him if I were you… 12 years is TOO LONG! Honest relationships are worth than the bs 

Post # 65
493 posts
Helper bee

Please tell me that you have left this guy.

Post # 66
6 posts
Newbee

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your husband, my suggest that if you are not a God fearing woman, consider the creator of marriage. Jesus Christ,  PRAY. I will be praying for you that you receive Godly wisdom on what to do. I am literally just listening to a vido on you tube about the attacks on  marriage. Consider yourself as well. Are you in need of changing yourself so that your husband can open up to you.  FIREPROOF, is a grea movie, pleaase watch it. WAR ROOM is another, take your mind of the problem and be wise, do not post your business online, most people sincerely do not care, can not help and will give you frivolous advice. Somethings are not clean cut or black and white. We do not know the FULL picture, only your side.

Praying that the peace of God overtake you and your husbband and bring you all together.

Post # 67
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

View original reply
nadinejg :  He isn’t her husband. Thank goodness. 

Post # 68
6 posts
Newbee

View original reply
secondtimecharm :  ok, thank God, but sounds like they are. Soul Ties are real.

Post # 69
1296 posts
Bumble bee

Your advice to someone whose husband constantly cheats on her is to watch some youtube? 

Cool.

Post # 70
1296 posts
Bumble bee

Soul Ties are real.

No, no they are not.

Post # 71
121 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
anonandon :  Hi! Are you still together with SO? Curious. I hope things are progressing well either way. 

Post # 72
474 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
BalletParker :  This comment is extremely helpful. My DH is conflict averse and he does similar things at times. OP’s FI’s lies appear to be over relatively minor things (not like going out and cheating) and if he is like my DH, he probably does these things because he does not want to face negative reaction from his loved ones.  Not sure if OP is still with her SO but maybe OP could reflect on how she reacts to her Fiance when he disappoints her. 

Post # 73
474 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
tootsiebee :  This comment helped me.thank you. (although I’m not the OP)

Post # 74
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

OMG. I hope you left this guy.

Post # 75
9940 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

The way you’re describing him he sounds like a sociopath.  You’re hiding your head in the sand.  He isn’t going to change.

The topic ‘12 years together and he's still lying to me. I don't know what to do.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors