(Closed) 12/13/14 bees 6 months to go…what do you have done?

posted 8 years ago in December 2014
Post # 16
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Okay, so for a while there 12-13-14 was just a tentative date… but now its official! FIs twin sister will be able to come back to the US, so we can officially plan the wedding – YAY!

So far we have:

• Ceremony site booked
  • Reception site booked (includes tables/chairs, set & clean up)
  • Officiant
  • My dress (but not fitted yet… still trying to lose 20 more pounds!! I MUST DO THIS)
  • Bridesmaids and their dresses
  • Flowergirl dresses picked but not bought yet
  • Invitations bought, but need to be printed
  • Bridal party gifts made/bought
  • Hair/Make up booked (BM and Aunt are professionals, so its free)

We still need to:

• Get mens outfits (FI really doesnt want to do this, haha)
  • Print invitations
  • Take e-pics (doing it this Sunday!)
  • Send out STDs (Will send once we have e-pics!)
  • Buy rings
  • Make iPod list for background music (we’re not having dancing or a DJ)
  • Find someone to make a small cake (we’re using a sheet cake for the guests)
  • Make all bouquets/Corasges (fake flowers)
  • Make centerpieces

Oh man, there’s still so much left to do! ahh! haha

Post # 17
93 posts
Worker bee

So. After debating several dates, this is now our official one. And we haven’t planned anything except:

-I have my dress

-We know what venue we want but are still waiting to hear back if it’s available

-I picked colors haha

-We know where we want to honeymoon but haven’t booked yet

-I know what songs I want but have to still download them (we’re not having a DJ…just a list I’m making myself and plugging it into the sound system!)

I’ve got nothing else done. Yikes!

Post # 18
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: mountain venue

.4 years/ 4.4 months/ 19.4 weeks/ 135 days/ 3251 hours/ 195101 minutes…but whos counting??? hahahah im not a psycho, i just installed a countdown app on my phone and im super stoked. i have most everything done except invites and final payments

Post # 19
21 posts
Newbee

I have booked the venue. Still paying off.

Bought my dress. Need shoes

Bought tablecloths, plates, cupcake stands. Need cups, silverware, napkins, and to rent or buy chaffing dishes and drink dispensors.

I’ve bought 50% of the decorations and I’m still looking for the rest.

I booked the DJ but still paying.

I picked the food and cupcake vendor, but need to do tasting and sign contract and pay.

I’ve picked the photographer, but still paying. Need to book a photo booth.

Picked the officiants but need to book final details.

The bridesmaids have been told to buy a black cocktail dress and shoes. The groomsmen are my fiance’s responsibility, and I don’t think they’ve done much.

My friend is providing a bunch of Partylite candle displays for our tables. Yay!

I have a person designing the invitations and rsvp cards. Need to have them printed and then send out next month.

Still deciding if I should DIY the bouquets or do a costco or sam’s club package…

We have our rings, but not sure if I will be getting a band this year. Depends on how the budget works out.

We need to book our honeymoon and book the babysitter.

I’m sure there is more to do- and the clock is ticking!!! Yikes!!!

Post # 20
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

View original reply
nestle: We’re doing an iPod DJ too… do you have your list typed up on your computer? If so, could you private message me and maybe email me what you have? I have no idea where to start! 

The topic ‘12/13/14 bees 6 months to go…what do you have done?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors