(Closed) 12/27/11 Wedding in CHINA!!! (Part 2) Pic Heavy

posted 7 years ago in Recaps
Post # 3
Bee
1433 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Historic Lougheed House

Wow that red veil is beautiful!  Your wedding looks so full of culture, and it looked so beautiful!  Can’t wait to see more photos. 

Post # 4
1415 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Wow, really cool! Thanks for sharing!

Post # 5
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Cool!  Thanks for sharing those, so interesting.  You were a beautiful bride!

Post # 6
475 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Awesome! Congrats πŸ™‚

Post # 7
6123 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Wow, thanks for sharing such a unique experience!  Is this typical of all weddings? Or was this one out of the ordinary (as in more grand)?

What did your husband say about the meaning of the red string and hair combing?

I found this about the hair combing but usually done the night before:

The hair combing ceremonyis not always performed today, but it is a lovely ritual that is meaningful and simple to perform. The night before the wedding the bride bathes and then takes a seat either in front of lit candles or within sight of moonlight. Her hair is combed by a woman (often her mother) who is considered to be fortunate in life. Her hair is combed four times.

• The first combing symbolizes “from beginning to end.”
  • The second combing means “harmony from youth through old age.”
  • The third combing is a wish for many grandchildren.
  • The fourth combing offers hope for wealth and a marriage that lasts a long, long time.

Post # 10
3360 posts
Sugar bee

Wow, I just cant get over how amazing everything is ! 

Post # 11
257 posts
Helper bee

Wow your dress is beautiful!!! Your face didn’t look bad at all. The red thread is used to tie up your hair during the hair combing. Red for luck and your hair tied up in a bun meaning you’re a married woman now. The red veil was used a long time ago. It was used to hide the brides face and her shyness from the groom. When it was taken off, it was their first time meeting. It also means that when the groom takes the red veil off, the couple has vowed to cherish and take care of each other for the rest of their lives. I’m not sure about green shoes though.

Post # 11
257 posts
Helper bee

Wow your dress is beautiful!!! Your face didn’t look bad at all. The red thread is used to tie up your hair during the hair combing. Red for luck and your hair tied up in a bun meaning you’re a married woman now. The red veil was used a long time ago. It was used to hide the brides face and her shyness from the groom. When it was taken off, it was their first time meeting. It also means that when the groom takes the red veil off, the couple has vowed to cherish and take care of each other for the rest of their lives. I’m not sure about green shoes though.

Post # 14
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@sienna76:  

I don’t know about the town her husband is from specifically. But overall, huge extravagant weddings are pretty common. It’s a chance for the family to “show face” so to speak. I’m from a small village that’s probably a 1/5th the size of Natasha’s husband’s town. And when my cousins get married it’s a huge 3 day event!

Nowadays so many family’s have family members in the States they usually send money back. If a son comes back from the States to marry in China it usually is more grand than the average.

So many weddings in SE Asia are SO much more extravagant than our average wedding here. Think platinum weddings!

@NatashasNovember:  

I’m so excited for you that you got to experience this part of your husband’s culture!

The topic ‘12/27/11 Wedding in CHINA!!! (Part 2) Pic Heavy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors