(Closed) 1.25 carat Moissanite or 0.75 carat Amora Moissanite?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
4663 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I don’t have any pix but I saw some in person  yesterday . Unenhanced. and they were really gorgeous!

However, that being said, with the huge savings between diamond and moissanite, i would go for the enhanced Amora. IT’s only marginally more. And this is your forever stone right? So it’s worth the little bit more I think

Post # 4
996 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Noce1306:  Idk about how drastic a difference there is between amora and unenhanced mossainite I can just comment on size

I have a size 4 finger and my 1.25 looks huge on it–I like it that way–but if it were bigger it might veer into costumey–I’ve had jewelers guess it to be 1.5 or 1.75 just because of the effect against my small hands

So just be aware that if you have a smaller finger, .75 will probably look like at least 1 carat

Post # 5
1240 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I have an unhanced moissy. .85 center stone. And I never notice yellow color in it. Though. I’m not sure how it would look enlarged. 

I have a size 8 finger, and there’s .75 tcw w/o the center stone.

Post # 6
3063 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I think if you’re going to go above a 1 carat it probably should be enhanced. I have a 1.25 center stone and it is enhanced (not Amora though, I got it before they offered Amora) and I do see a little color occasionally. The color I see isn’t bothersome, but I think if it showed more it would be. And I am not all that color sensitive. 

Maybe order the 1.25 unehnanced and check it out in different lighting. If it shows too much color then just send it back and get the .75. Although I don’t recommend trying on the 1.25 unless the color is okay. I wouldn’t want you to love the 1.25 size and then be disappointed in the .75, you know? Also don’t be shy about contacting them. I bug Chris from Moissyco all the time and he as well as everyone else there is always helpful and friendly. 

I hope you find a fabulous ring! And when you do, POST PICTURESTongue Out

Post # 7
890 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Heres my 1.7 enhanced…its really not a good picture of it. My camera wont take good pics for some reason, but its really white and sparkles. I notice some yellow every once in a while, but rarely.

Post # 8
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

My jeweler said this to me, “If you have the option to go bigger, why wouldn’t you?” 

I have a 1.5kt-equivalent moissanite (plus baguettes) on a size 4.5 hand. To me, it doesn’t look unreasonably huge, and I would have had no problem going bigger 🙂

Not sure if you’re going for the round, but I love my radiant.  

And definitely get the enhanced regardless of which stone size you choose. It makes a world of difference. (I checked out the unenhanced in multiple sizes. Pulled greenish-grey in certain lights. Yuck!)

Post # 9
3968 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I vote smaller and enhanced.

Post # 10
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I guess I’m not with the majority here, but if you really want a bigger stone I wouldn’t be scared to do the unenhanced. I have a 1.25 carat amora and sometimes wish it was unenhanced! I love the way it shows color, its absolutely beautiful. (:

All I know is people are not as stone-savvy in real life as they are on the boards. I think that if it is your concern most people will just take to the idea that its a diamond. The only one who will probably ever really notice all the beautiful colors it throws will be you! I really don’t think you’ll be unahppy, and you can always return it if the color is too strikng for your taste. (: Good luck! 

Post # 11
3452 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think you’re safe to go unenhanced with anything under 1 carat.

Post # 12
886 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

1 carat unenhanced in different lighting:

Post # 14
4663 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

yes please do!

Post # 15
4478 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Why not order loose versions of both and return the one you don’t like?

Post # 16
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Mine is 1.25 carats not enhanced and it only turns a slight yellow in rainy weather.

The topic ‘1.25 carat Moissanite or 0.75 carat Amora Moissanite?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors