(Closed) $125 Ring Bearer Pillow

posted 5 years ago in Accessories
  • poll: Is it worth it to spend $125 on a ring bearer pillow
    Yes : (2 votes)
    3 %
    No : (73 votes)
    94 %
    Other (please explain below) : (3 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 3
    3078 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Uhhhh no!  You are nuts!!!

Post # 5
    2708 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I think it’d be a waste.  No one is going to notice and you’ll have maybe one picture where you can actually see the pillow.

Also, if you aren’t tying the rings to it, what is the point?

Post # 6
    Hostess
    2999 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

You are cray cray! Please don’t do that!

Post # 7
    3830 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

We budgeted $15 dollars. 

I’m making a wooden one. 

Post # 8
    5479 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

FRICK no.  Nuh-uh, no way, not going to happen.

Post # 9
    1328 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

So not worth it.  Take a day or two and don’t look at any pictures of it and try to get it out of your head.  That should help you let your logical side take over so you can focus on the cost, how little it will be used, etc. instead of focusing on how pretty it is.

Post # 10
    1402 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

Just say no!  Especially since you won’t even tie your rings to it.

Post # 11
    3771 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

That’s way too much for as you said, a few pretty pictures and no rings.  BUT, I bet if you posted a picture of what you’re looking at, you could get a lot of good suggestions on how to DIY something yourself!!

Post # 12
    1668 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Can you make one that looks similar but cheaper?

Post # 13
    341 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

A world of no.

For $125,  you could do any of the following:

– Eat an amazing meal at a super-nice restaurant- See 10 movies- rent a car for a few days adventure- spend a romantic night at a B&B- go camping for a week- install a water pump in a poor community through Oxfam

… Or, you know, buy a pillow that will be used for a 45 second walk and then put away somewhere for the rest of forever.

[Edit:  Sorry.  I’m grumpy today.  If you love it and it is important to you, then buy it.  It is stunning.  But if there are more meaningful things that you could spend that money on, then that may be something you value longer.]

Post # 14
    5761 posts
    Bee Keeper

No. Have a picture of something that would cost that much?

Post # 16
    11343 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2009

I had a beautiful ring bearer pillow, and I think it was in the neighborhood of $28-$30.  I did spend a ridiculous amount of money on some details of my wedding, but I was very happy with this ring pillow.

If you really love it, and the pillow is something so beautiful that you would want to display it prominently in your home in some way after the wedding (on your bed or sofa or on a shelf or something, and it were not just going to sit in a box in the attic or basement), perhaps you could justify it more to yourself?

ETA:  I just saw the pic you posted. It’s totally gorgeous and definitely is something you could use as a home-decor accent after the wedding, depending upon the type of decor you have.

The topic ‘$125 Ring Bearer Pillow’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors