(Closed) 13 days out and I find out my dad didn't actually give his blessing

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 77
12244 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Congrats! It sounds like it turned out wonderfully!

Post # 78
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I agree that your dad is manipulating you.  He had you by the hook for an entire YEAR waiting for an answer.  Also- it is in no way fair to you that he is expressing this 12 days before the wedding.  It sounds like personal issues that your dad is going through… 

Post # 79
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Ah! Sorry I didn’t even realize that your wedding had already happened! I am glad that everything worked out well! And congratulations on your marriage!!

Post # 80
1105 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Yay! Congratulations!!! Im so glad everything worked out well for you!

Post # 81
918 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I wish I hadn’t read that after eating lunch. 

Your father obviously doesn’t realise that vomit-inducing words mean NOTHING. It’s actions that counts, and by his actions, I still think your father is an shit stirring arsehole.

Heaven help any person who would make a grown adult man like my Fiance jump through hoops like some sort of performing seal. 

Post # 82
2113 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
@Baal:  Might wanna read the update before flinging insults.

Post # 83
918 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
@HonoraryNerd:  I did.  It was the father’s speech that made me feel ill.  

Post # 84
9124 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

View original reply
@Baal:  I agree with you about making the poor guy jump through a gazillion hoops like a trained seal.  Sounds like the dad has quite the inflated sense of self!

But, OP, I’m glad it worked out and that your dad has come around.  Congrats on your marriage 🙂

Post # 86
2865 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Equine_Breeder:  I agree. It sounds like your dad was playing power games and it is really unfair to put your Fiance through this

The topic ‘13 days out and I find out my dad didn't actually give his blessing’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors