13 DPO line progression. Should I be worried?

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 2
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

It’s definitely slightly darker.  You could always ask your doctor for betas for reassurance.  Honestly, I would also have expected a darker line 48 hours later but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t be due to urine dilution or other factors.

Post # 3
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2000

Try not to worry simply because it could very well be how much ink  is used in one of the tests..

if you are worried alot contact your ob and ask for a few hcg qnts.

Post # 5
227 posts
Helper bee

Hey bee, dont be worried. I had the same thing at 14dpo. Fairly faint and then I waited 10 more days and the line was so dark that it pulled color from the control line. 

Post # 6
227 posts
Helper bee

People also say a positive is a positive and that the line can not tell you how pregnant you are. I was worried too because with my last one that ended in MC the line was darker sooner than this. This time I am 7w3d and have viability and dating u/s on Tuesday.

Post # 7
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I totally don’t trust FRER progession anymore, mine faded and my hcg had already tripled. I wouldn’t read too much into it and go get some blood work done πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 9
1768 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Try not to worry too much. I also have a longer cycle, 32 days,  and ovulated around day 16-17. My 12 do looked like an evap line,  but I definitely saw a very faint line at 13dpo and the line gradually got darker. I’d start testing every other day with fmu to see a bigger change in depth. I’m currently 9 weeks along πŸ™‚ Good luck bee. 

Post # 10
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 1993

I wouldn’t worry. I tested out my HCG trigger shot after we did IUI. The HCG had almost left my system, and then I got a a much darker line. It was too soon to be from my pregnancy and a trigger shot can only get weaker, so it was just a difference in the dye of my HPTs (same brand from same box). 

In case you don’t know what a trigger shot is – it’s a shot given when doing infertility treatments that forces your body to ovulate all of your mature eggs. It’s the same hormone that HPTs test for, so it will give you positive HPT. It usually stays in your system for 7 -10 days. Most women like to test to make sure the trigger shot has left their system so they know that a BFP after that point will be real and not just the trigger shot.

Post # 11
1152 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Don’t worry about how dark the line is.  I never got a super dark line and I was definitely preg with my now 3 yr old!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors