(Closed) 13 weeks pregnant – what vitamins do you recommend I take?

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
131 posts
Blushing bee

if you’re not already taking a prenatal vitamin you should do that, preferably one with DHA as it supports healthy brain development; if you’re anemic like me, you should take an iron supplement…over the counter ones were fine for me, but i would consult your doctor to be sure.

Post # 3
2092 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
nowmarriedgirl:  it’s good you’re taking folic acid, but prenatals have so many more important nutrients that both you and your growing baby need. I like the nature made ones that you can buy in huge bottles from Costco. They seem to have more in them than most vitamins I’ve seen, plus they have fish oil and iron in them. Also recommend making sure you’re watching your calcium and vitamin D intake. Pregnancy is so hard on your body when it comes to getting enough calcium, and the vitamin D helps you absorb it better. 

Post # 4
1550 posts
Bumble bee

Prenatal for sure. Depending on where you are, vitamin d (I’m in Australia with plenty of sun and still needed lots of vit d!!). Iron, if your levels are low. I highly recommend magnesium to counteract a lot of the pregnancy side effects that kick in a little bit later…

I was having green smoothies to try and cram in as many nutrients as possible.

Obviously the best advice you’ll get is from your doctor/midwife, since they’ll have seen your blood results! And are, you know, qualified to provide advice 😛

Post # 5
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I take the same that Lakeside003 takes. I got two large bottles on Amazon for cheap, I’m set even after baby is born. I like that they have the DHA in them and not separate like some prenatals. I’m not a huge fan of the Iron but I’m borderline anemic so I have to have it.

Post # 6
9773 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Any prenatal is fine.

Post # 7
917 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception / Courtyard Marriott Legacy Ballroom

Definitely prenatals, as PPs mentioned! I also take vitamin D – I live in the Midwest, where it’s not alway sunny during this time of the year – and I just started taking Magnesium to help with my blood pressure.

The topic ‘13 weeks pregnant – what vitamins do you recommend I take?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors