6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

What about usher?

Post # 4
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I had the same problem. My younger brother is 13 and I wanted to includ him in the wedding as well. We thought about having him be an usher or a Jr. Groomsmen.
We finally ended up having him be a groomsmen. My brother is very tall for his age( He’s already 5’9 or 5’10.) So he won’t look like he is 13 standing next to all the guys who are at the tallest 6’0.
But an usher would be a great role, a jr. groomsmen, also maybe he could do a reading if he was comforable with that or something like that? Just some ideas.

Post # 5
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

He can definitely be a Jr. Groomsmen. You can also have him be an usher or the gift giver (Eucharist, etc.). There are definitely options out there for him.

Post # 6
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

An usher would be a good job.  Or he could do a reading for you.

Post # 7
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

My little brother who is 11 will be a groomsmen in the wedding.  I think it is very nice to include siblings and who really cares if there is someone shorter up at the front!  I know I don’t!  I know it means a ton to him to be included!

Post # 8
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I had the same issue!  We had my 13 year old brother do a reading.  He wore the same thing as the groomsmen.  My other brother was an usher, not in the wedding party.  He and my husband aren’t close… but that’s fine.  He wasn’t offended or anything.

Post # 9
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

wow were very simmilar. I only have my 13 yr old brother as well and he has 3 siblings too.

We are having my brother as a Jr. Groomsman as I thought he was too old for a ring bearer also. He is super pumped for the ‘position’ and I am glad!

Post # 10
5154 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

My brother is 15 and he is going to be an usher, will be in the same tuxes as the best man, etc 🙂

Post # 11
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think it would be cute if you had him be an usher or groomsmen. I think it’s great that you are including him and trying to find something special for him to do!

Post # 12
336 posts
Helper bee

What about walking your mother down the aisle?

Post # 13
2344 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

My brother will be newly 12 for our wedding. I have another brother that will be 18. He’ll be walking me down the aisle and he will also be a groomsman, as he is close with my Fiance. My other siblings will be 5 (almost 6) and 2 1/2. They will be a ring bearer and flower girl.

With my other three sibling being in the wedding party, I feel a little bad about him not being a junior groomsman, but honestly neither of FI’s brothers are standing up with him, so I don’t feel like I should insist on both of my brothers. I left it up to Fiance.

My 12 year old brother will dress in a tux similar to the wedding party, wear a bout, and walk my mother down the aisle. He will also read 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 in the ceremony.

The topic ‘13 Year Old Brother’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors