(Closed) 13 Year Old Flower Girl?!

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1828 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

jr. bridesmaid. you’re totally right. she’d probably be offended to be asked to be a flower girl anyway! shes much too old.

Post # 4
3257 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I was a junior bridesmaid at 11! 13 is pretty old, and I think PP is right that she would be bummed and assume you see her as a little kid… jr. bridesmaid all the way!

Post # 5
1668 posts
Bumble bee

I have to agree…She should be a jr. bridesmaid. At that age I’m sure she would be embarassed to be called a “flower girl.”

Post # 7
3257 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@ashkat:  He maybe just still sees her as a little girl. 🙂 Darling Husband has a cousin who’s a senior in high school, and he always refers to her as though she’s five. He said he just can’t grasp the fact that she’s grown up. It’s kind of cute, even if it’s annoying sometimes. 😉

Post # 8
3691 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

She’s waaaaayyyyyy too old to be a flower girl.  If she was 10, maybe.  But 13?  No way!  

She’d probably be mortified to be asked to be a flower girl.  

Post # 9
986 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

my 8yr old niece it too old to be a flowergirl.   She didn’t want to be a jr bridesmaid, so we are making her a bridesmaid.  

Post # 10
4485 posts
Honey bee

13 is way too old. Does she even want to be one? They are typically 9 yrs old at most (ranging anywhere from 2 yrs old on up). Also, there is no requirement that you must have a flowergirl anyway and most people skip the kids entirely, and it is not unusual at all for them to be guests only.

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Ashkat…..I totally agree with you….show this blog to your Fiance…..his niece should be a Junior Bridesmaid…totally.  Maybe your Fiance sees her as a little girl….but any 13 year old femaile is def. a little lady…..no longer a little girl.

Post # 12
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

ask the girl what she wants maybe she wants to be a flower girl 

Post # 13
1813 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

To apease your SO and as not to make the 13 year old feel like a baby, you could come up with a new title for her.  The Flower Maiden or something? But I agree she’ll probably want to be a  Junior Bridesmaid or Best Man.  I had an 8 year old and 11 year who were my bridesmaids as, personally I think of flower girls as pre-school age – 6 maxx!

Post # 14
1577 posts
Bumble bee

I think it depends on her opinion:  does she want to be a flower girl at 13?

If you can give her a dress that is age-appropriate and preserves her dignity, it could turn out really well.

Post # 15
3963 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I’d have been soooo offended at her age.  She is far far far too old.

Post # 16
12953 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I agree with PPs – 13 is way, way too old to be a flower girl.  She should definitely be a junior bridesmaid!

The topic ‘13 Year Old Flower Girl?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors