(Closed) 14 weeks and not working out much. You?

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1670 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

9 weeks 5 days. I am ashamed to say I haven’t been working out because I’m exhuasted and lazy. I just can’t do it! Maybe tomorrow?

Post # 4
3152 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I’m only at 5w2d so who knows what I will be up at at 14 weeks. Right now I’m still cross fitting 4 times a week. 

Post # 5
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I know how you feel! I have been running 25-30 miles a week for over ten years. When I first got pregnant, I was nervous to continue my routine and said I’d cut back. I was so exhausted in the beginning though, I ended up cutting it completely. Then, I finally started up again and a week later I had a subchorionic hemmorhage and my doctor told me no exercise. I am now 16 weeks and my hemmorhage has disappeared, I am no longer exhausted, but now I just find any excuse to not run! Last weekend I went on a long walk and felt great afterward and told myself I’d keep it up, but between work and a few other things we have going on, I haven’t. I’m frustrated with myself over this, because I really don’t have much of an excuse to not be doing some sort of exercise at this point. Maybe typing all this out will be my motivation to get moving!! 🙂

Post # 6
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@sept22insf:  I hear ya! I was jogging pretty regularly pre pregnancy and stopped even taking walks in the first trimester because I was just tired! Now at 16 weeks my energy is definately back, but I am just out of the habit. I got up a little early today and did a quick walk around the neighborhood. I am going to try to make this part of my daily routine…even if its just 15 mins. Gotta stay healthy!

Post # 7
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m totally with you. I used to work out 6 days a week and thoroughly enjoyed my time in the gym. I am 12 weeks and since about 6 weeks, have seen the inside of the gym about 5 times! It’s been a combination of exhaustion, nausea and downright laziness. I’ve felt marginally better the past few days, so maybe I’ll get back into it soon.

Post # 8
4354 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Dude, 34 weeks over here and still haven’t got back to “working out”. I’ve done yoga and I walk but that’s it. My doctor advised me not to exercise much in the first tri (which is good cause I slept the entire time) but then after that I was either exhausted, busy with one thing or another or feeling sick. Now I’m in the “can’t breathe when I’m standing still” stage so it’s out of the question.

I’ve just focused on the other side of the coin when it came to my health and tried it eat as best as I could and not over indulge. I’m 6 weeks from my due date and only gained 20lbs my doctor is pleased with it so exercise will resume for me post baby.

Don’t feel bad! Not to sound dramatic but pregnancy can be a rough thing for some women.

Post # 9
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m 17 weeks and apart from walking the dog, haven’t worked out once since getting my BFP. I was SO exhausted during the first tri, and by the time I get done working 10-11 hour days, I just want to go home and relax. I’m trying not to beat myself up about it, but the weight gain and body changes have already got me down 🙁 

Post # 11
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m at 15w5d and honestly, I don’t really exercise much. I get out of breath quite easily and I had a bit of sciatica pain this week. we do some walking (e.g. at the mall, safari park, zoo, etc.) but nothing more intense than that. Since I’m feeling slightly more energetic and less nauseous than I was feeling in the 1st trimester, I’m considering taking up prenatal yoga. I did regular hot yoga pre-PG. Darling Husband is a worrier and he doesn’t want me doing much more than general light walking and stretching.

Post # 12
2622 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

First tri was a loss when it came to eating healthy or excerise. I am just entering the second now and starting to feel better and I have intentions of doing more, but not sure how much more I can actually do. I am still so tired and there is SO much going on outside of work right now with moving etc that time is limited if I even had the energy.

However, that being said I am trying to get in some extra movement like 10 minutes of light weights at home or an extra dog walk. Certainly not real exercise though. I just ordered a prenatal 10 minte pilates video hoping I can do a couple segments a week. 

I think focusing on 10 minute segments for me is the key right now.

Post # 13
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I didn’t really work out before getting pregnant, but I do walk to work every day, about 40 minutes a day. But I’ve been getting really bad pelvic pains so I will probably have to stop walking. I’m 16 weeks now.

Post # 14
580 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I was SO active pre-pregnancy….I hiked, ran, kayaked, walked, etc, ALL the time, it was my main form of entertainment. 

However, once I got pregnant, I was too tired to do much except take short walks. Then, around 23-24 weeks I had issues with preterm contractions, so that pretty much put the kibosh on that, too.

Now, at 36 weeks, I am back to taking short, gentle walks, but that’s it. I know that I can take the baby for hikes/runs/walks in the stroller this summer, so I’m not terribly worried about it. 

Post # 15
409 posts
Helper bee

No real working out for me this entire pregnancy, the plan was to stay active, but I was always sooooo tired in the first trimester, then I was hit with sacroiliac joint dysfunction from my 4th month which meant being too sore by the end of the day to do anything, and then I got diagnosed with placenta previa so I was under strict instruction not to work out at all from my gynae (no exercise, no sexercise, no carrying anything heavy, just taking it super easy in general)… which brings me to today, 31 weeks 3 days – my back is always sore, i am always tired, I am rather uncomfy by the time I get home from work so still no exercise. The most exercise I get is walking to the mall, walking around the mall and walking home again and once home i have to lay down cos my back cant deal anymore. 

Post # 16
489 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Same here! I used to workout 3 times a week and now, not at all. I have gained about 5-7 pounds since I got pregnant, my doc thinks that I’m gaining to fast and I keep having to explain that I stopped working out as soon as I ovulated because I had horrible exhaustion and back pain form the very start, I think the 5 vanity pounds is from stopping all workouts, but they probabaly won’t believe me. So irritating.

The topic ‘14 weeks and not working out much. You?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors