(Closed) 14 year old daughter as Co-MOH?

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 4
1559 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think it is absolutely ok to have your daughter in your wedding, even as a Maid/Matron of Honor. The Maid/Matron of Honor is supposed to be the person who you feel is the most important to you, who you most want beside you on your special day.

Think of it this way…. if your daughter were 18+ and had a car and could fulfill all the typical Maid/Matron of Honor duties, would you even be asking this question? 

Lots of people do Co-MOH for lots of reasons. My best friend is going to have two: I will be the “Lady of Honor” (b/c she hates the word Matron) and a “Man of Honor”. We will share all the duties together. 

Alternately, if you don’t want to do two MOHs but still want your daughter to be Maid/Matron of Honor, you might find an adult relative who would be willing top pick up the slack in planning showers and parties. This is what happened when FI’s cousin had her younger sister as MOH- she was in HS at the time and didn’t have the means or money to plan everything herself, so FI’s mom (the bride’s aunt) helped with all the shower planning. 

But you are absolutely allowed to have Co-MOH, and you are allowed to have your daughter be one of them. 

Post # 5
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Aside from the fact that you are giving your daughter the title of Maid/Matron of Honor, because she cannot do any Maid/Matron of Honor duties and you need a CO-MOH, in reality she would still just be a  junior bridesmaid, even though she would have the title of Maid/Matron of Honor.

Post # 6
1555 posts
Bumble bee

I think it is so sweet to have your daughter be your Maid/Matron of Honor. She means the most to you in the whole world and it would be weird NOT having her by your side. There is also nothing wrong with having co-MOH. They both mean so much to you and you want your closest friends there with you.

If you do decide to have your friend as a Co-MOH, ask her if she would like to be referred to as Matron or Maid or something else entirely.

Post # 7
4824 posts
Honey bee

I was the Maid/Matron of Honor for my mom when I was 16. I didnt plan anything, but my aunt planned the few activities she had and she wasnt even in the wedding.  At this point its really about title and not responsibility. I think its just fine to have her be Maid/Matron of Honor and to ask your friend to do planning with your daughter whether or not she has the title.

Post # 8
1537 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Your daughter should be your “Maid of Honor” and your friend should be your “Matron of Honor.” Your friend has been married and there for she is no longer a “maid” in the traditional sense (sounds funny I know!). I think doing it this way will allow you to incorporate them both in a special way 🙂

Post # 9
961 posts
Busy bee

I had my daughter as my Maid/Matron of Honor last year when she was 13.  She thought it was the coolest thing on the planet and bragged to everyone.  🙂  My mom and my other two bridesmaids helped out.

The topic ‘14 year old daughter as Co-MOH?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors