(Closed) 14 years on the pill has me concerned…

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 17
2089 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Please don’t worry!! My sister was on the Pill since she was 16. She came off when she was 31 as she wanted to TTC and she fell pregnant the next month!!

Post # 18
17 posts
Newbee

Thanks for the info.

Post # 19
738 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Thanks for all the info ladies! This was really helpful. I wish there was a board somewhere inbetween wedding planning and actually TTC… like planning to TTC! lol

Fiance and I are still trying to decide when we want to start a family. We’re contemplating a few different things before we decide. We’re maybe thinking as early as next summer. Currently I’m using Nuvaring as BC. I use it 3 months in a row, only having 4 periods per month (as directed by my doctor). 

View original reply
@Monny:  I will probably do something like you did. Was the IUD covered by your health insurance? Can you have it removed whenever you want? I will be sure to talk to my doctor about the option of an IUD so I can get my cycle regulated a few months before we TTC. 

Thanks again for all the info! 

Post # 21
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I agree with PP that said definitely finish the pack when you do come off. I had irregular cycles (30-35 days) when I was younger before I went on the pill about 19, and had braced myself for a bad experience coming off. I have been pleasantly surprised so far with how normal I feel, and how BCPs and I’m assuming age have improved the regularity of my cycle!

Post # 22
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I would wait until you are ready.  I was on for 15 years.  I always had irregular cycles.  Long cycles.  But we conceived on the 3rd cycle off the pill, 1st cycle charting.  Best to be 100% ready when that baby comes.  GL!

Post # 23
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Stay on the pill until you are 100% ready to be pregnant. My first cycle off BC (after taking it for 6 years) I got pregnant!

The topic ‘14 years on the pill has me concerned…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors