(Closed) $1,400 Invitation Nightmare…Long Rant.

posted 5 years ago in Paper
  • poll: Do you think this process has been acceptable?
    Yes, you're over reacting : (2 votes)
    4 %
    Yes, your expectations are too high. : (0 votes)
    No, but what are you going to do? : (13 votes)
    28 %
    No, yell at them until they give you half off. : (31 votes)
    67 %
  • Post # 3
    8455 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2013

@MissSpark:  *HUGS* So sorry you’re going through this.  Did you happen to pay by credit card?  If so, you could try to dispute the charges.  It sounds like this place is giving you way more trouble than you need.  I’m not sure what else you can do, but just breathe and keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully the invites will be worth it.  Best of luck.

Post # 4
    Hostess
    1427 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

@MissSpark:  Can you file a complaint with the BBB and write a nasty review on Yelp? Request to speak to the manager and calmly explain the issue at hand… at the very least maybe they’ll offer to discount the price? Did you put it on a CC? If so you can dispute it under “not meeting contractual obligations.”

Sorry all this happened. 🙁

Post # 5
    4275 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

Oh my gosh, $1400?!

I am sure it will be worth it when you see them though, I did not pay a whole lot for mine and I kinda got what I paid for. I do not think the stress they put you through is not acceptable at all though!

Post # 6
    8695 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

I dont think you are overreacting! I am too nice to demand a partial refund but my mother would def want some money back or something! $1400 and you go through that? Unacceptable in my opinion.

Post # 7
    11352 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2009

I’m so sorry that you experienced this.  It’s very frustrating to have to work with a vendor who then has to work at the mercy of a printing company.

Based solely on what you’ve written it does not sound as if you were treated very well, although I do not know what types of customizations you asked to have made and if those, in any way, had an impact on the production schedule. Because I don’t know all of the details, it’s difficult to say whether or not the printing company or the retailer should offer you some type of compensation for the delay.

At the very least, would it be possible for you to find a second calligrapher who could address half of your invitations, thereby cutting in half the time the original calligrapher quoted to do the work for you?

Post # 8
    2335 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

HOLY crap. $1400?! That’s like almost $20 per invitation.

You’d think at that price they’d be bending over backwards to accommodate you!

I would call whoever handles their customer service, explain this entire situation to them from beginning to end, and then remind them that they need to make it right. Instead of addressing the outer envelopes for you for half price, they should do it for FREE to help offset the cost of calligraphy for the inner envelopes.

Could you get the outer envelopes printed and the inner envelopes done by the calligrapher, since that would essentially cut down the time that the calligrapher would have to spend writing stuff? I know it’s not ideal, but…

Post # 11
    11352 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@MissSpark:  I see.  I do agree that the store still should be providing excellent customer service, especially since one of their vendors has dropped the ball.

I do have a question for you, however. Why do you want to take the time and expense to have guests’ return addresses printed on the back flap of the response-card envelope? I applaud your desire to try to take the initiative to do this on behalf of your guests; however, it is not at all standard or necessary.  I would suggest that you consider completely removing that step in your process.

Post # 13
    11352 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@MissSpark:  Are you saying that there is no M______________ or other indication on the reply card ITSELF or there just wouldn’t be anything on the envelope flap?

Post # 15
    133 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

That happened to me however mine were over TWO MONTHS late. They are intricate and beautiful and perfect but I blew a gasket damn near daily for months during the process. I’m sorry you had to deal with this but it will be fine in the end.

Post # 16
    11352 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@MissSpark:  OK. Thanks for the explanation.

Well, MOST of your guests are going to be wise enough to sign the card.  Truly.  However, since there will be some who will not remember to do this, you will need to very subtly number the back of each response card and keep a ledger of which number corresponds to which guest.  Many brides already do this, even if they have a line upon which guests may write their names.  By doing this, you will be in complete control of knowing from whom you are receiving the response, and no return addresses will be necessary.

The topic ‘$1,400 Invitation Nightmare…Long Rant.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors