(Closed) 15, 000 wedding budget- OLD MILL ROSE VALLEY, Pa

posted 8 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 3
2788 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I haven’t, but you should consider posting this on the local PA board also.  You may get more responses!

Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee

I am having my June 17th wedding at the Old Mill. We have a very small and tight budget but Don Conner really worked with us. We are at approx $92 per person. That includes all the linens, the 12 hors d’oureves and display table at the cocktail hour, a family style dinner (salad, 2 pastas, chicken, and veggies and potato), sodas, water, bartender, servers tax and gratuity. I think we got ALOT for our money. We are keeping the guest list to 100 people so we are looking at $9200 for the reception BUT… there are extra fees, rental fees for the tent outside, having our ceremony there, chairs for ceremony, and rental fee for the actual place.

Hope this helps

Post # 5
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

@BAMCGO: I’m a member of the Old Mill in Rose Valley 🙂

Don Connor is the exclusive caterer for the Old Mill, but he works with any budget. His food is amazing, my sister had her engagement party there and he does the catering for all the member funcitons as well. Not that I make many since I live in NYC, but they’re always fabulous. We wanted to have our High School reunion there, but it was a little too expensive for a sit down dinner, but for a wedding it’s perfect.

PM me if you need any recommendations, I was actually married in Philly and so were my two older sisters so I’ve done a ton of research.

Post # 6
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

And I obviously grew up in Rose Valley so if you have any questions about the area I’d be happy to help 🙂

Post # 7
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@shazha1979:

Hi, I’m just wondering how your wedding at the Old Mill was?  I would love to have my wedding there but Don told me there is a minimun of 100 quests.  I don’t know that I will have that many and if not, am wondering if it is worth paying for extra dinners for people who are not there.  Thanks

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I was looking at the Old Mill and I am in love with it… however, I am not in love with Don. He did try to work within my budget and agreed to do $60 a person. When we met he discussed waiving rental fees, then later he said that wasn’t an option. Unfortunatley I don’t think we will book the venue because the other fees take it way out of my budget. I hope things work out for you though because the venue is absolutely amazing. I’ve been to a wedding there before and it was phenomenal.

The topic ‘15, 000 wedding budget- OLD MILL ROSE VALLEY, Pa’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors