(Closed) 1.5 ct or 2 for my size fingers? (Pic included)

posted 6 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Should I get 1.5 ct or 2?
    1.5 : (62 votes)
    53 %
    2 : (34 votes)
    29 %
    1 : (20 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 3
    4657 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

i dont see much difference between them. if you can afford it then get the 1.5 so you dont want to upgrade later. but not sure if its worth that much more $$$ since the difference is not hugely visible.

Post # 5
    1408 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I vote the 2ct. I have a 1.7ct and my ring size is a 4.5. I think you’ll like the size of a 2ct better. Just make sure its a good quality bc the bigger the ring, the bigger the sparkle or lack thereof. Poor quality is more noticeable as the diamond gets bigger.

Post # 6
    509 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2002

With a size 9 finger, if you can afford it, I would go for the 2 carat!  Or, the 1.5, if the 2 is too much.

Post # 7
    3451 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I voted for 2. 🙂

Post # 8
    1664 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

First question is whether you want to spend the money.  I’m not sure if you’ve looked at 2 carats, but the price goes up substantially (I’m assuming these are diamonds). From what I recall, a 2 carat diamond is usually $10K or so more than 1 carat … maybe even more. 

I don’t think your fingers make it so that you “need” a 2 carat.  It’s a personal preference.  In your picture, both the 1 and 1.5 look fine, but I prefer the 1.5.

Post # 9
    492 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I vote for the 1 carat, and I did see a big difference between the two rings. The 1.5 just looks a little too big to me. I don’t like solitaires that big.

Post # 10
    5423 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2012

I like the 1.5.  If you can spring for the 2, why not.  Assuming its an equal diamond to the 1.5 as far as the other 3 c’s go.

Post # 11
    1312 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

If you can afford the 2, go 2. I like the look of the 1.5 over the 1 on your finger.

Post # 12
    6512 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

I like the look of the 1.5 for you. 

Post # 13
    8041 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2013

I’m a bigger is better diamond girl so I go I’d go with 2 carats. Obviously cost increases exponentially though as you go up carat-wise. Go with whatever you’re most comfortable with looks-wise and cost-wise. Be prepared for comments if your ring is 2 carats or more, though.

Post # 14
    7311 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Will you have to sacrafice quality in order to get quantity? I chose a 1ct stone of very high quality over a larger stone of lesser quality. I just wasn’t willing to have us spend that much money. A stone of my quality in 1.5ct is $21k according to blue nile, and a 2ct is $40k. Now if you can afford and want to spend $40k on your stone, more power to you!!! But if you can’t, you may want to think hard about what you are trading in quality and sparkle in order to get size. Just a thought.

I am sure you will love it, no matter what you chose. 🙂 

Post # 15
    1629 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Can I vote for 1.75?  I think that would be perfect and it would cost significantly less than 2ct, but look about the same.

Post # 16
    823 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I really don’t see that much of a difference, and for the difference in price for a 1.5 and a 2ct diamond, that’s really important. For that jump in price, I would want to see a really noticable difference in size. Now, if you are going with a diamond alternative and the cost difference wasn’t quite so high, I would go for the 2ct. But really, they both look good on your finger. Both look like substatial stones and I think both will catch a lot of jealous eyes!

The topic ‘1.5 ct or 2 for my size fingers? (Pic included)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors